Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.9% financing on MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of idle curiosity, I just checked the trade-in value of my car. I'd be half tempted with a MY at those interest rates. M3LR, MSM, Registered Feb 2022, 9500 miles. Tesla offer £27,800....! Ouch.

I was in Tesla a few months ago getting a windscreen replaced at the time they were doing the FSD transfer...so more out of idle curiousity I did the sums.

They offered me 30k then for my 21 M3LR with 30k on the clock. Clearly they dont' want them right now!

I was in Tesla a few months ago getting a windscreen replaced at the time they were doing the FSD transfer...so more out of idle curiousity I did the sums.

They offered me 30k then for my 21 M3LR with 30k on the clock. Clearly they dont' want them right now!
Far better off selling it to Motorway/Carwow/WBAC/Cazoo etc than Tesla. Same applies to other car manufacturers.

Far better off selling it to Motorway/Carwow/WBAC/Cazoo etc than Tesla. Same applies to other car manufacturers.
That wasn't the case when I got my car in Feb last year. Tesla gave me around £100 less for my ID3 than I was offered by any of those. It was 100% worth taking that small hit for the convenience of dropping off the old car at the collection point, and not running the gauntlet of the other companies knocking down the offer once they inspected the car.

Reactions: ringi

Oh of course, it was only because I was a:) sitting there and b:) Tesla "used" to give pretty good trade in offers back in the day.

But even so, getting a ballpark price out of Tesla, even if I threw a chunk ontop for a private sale, would still be too much of a hit.

Speaking of, just did a quote with Motorway...25,156....my god someone hold me.

Il chuck my two pence worth in.... When I sold one of our Teslas when I had put the preorder in for the model Y as it became available, Tesla offered £37,400 (M3 SR+). I then tried Motorway which gave me a ballpark of 39k but when it actually went to auction through them it only made about 32K. I then went on WBAC and got offered abut £37800 and when I went down there they notched it down to 37k inc fees Very slight kerb rash to two of the wheels and a couple of stone chips). I sort of reluctantly let them have it since they didn't notice the scuffed (badly) bumper caused by me when I done a three point turn and misjudged the heigh of the kerb. Everyone was happy 😬

That wasn't the case when I got my car in Feb last year. Tesla gave me around £100 less for my ID3 than I was offered by any of those. It was 100% worth taking that small hit for the convenience of dropping off the old car at the collection point, and not running the gauntlet of the other companies knocking down the offer once they inspected the car.

Il chuck my two pence worth in.... When I sold one of our Teslas when I had put the preorder in for the model Y as it became available, Tesla offered £37,400 (M3 SR+). I then tried Motorway which gave me a ballpark of 39k but when it actually went to auction through them it only made about 32K. I then went on WBAC and got offered abut £37800 and when I went down there they notched it down to 37k inc fees Very slight kerb rash to two of the wheels and a couple of stone chips). I sort of reluctantly let them have it since they didn't notice the scuffed (badly) bumper caused by me when I done a three point turn and misjudged the heigh of the kerb. Everyone was happy

I sold my previous car (one year old Discovery Sport) via Carwow back to Land Rover and they paid the best money for it, collected when they said and there were absolutely no quibbles. They gave it a quick once over on my driveway and although there was no damage anyway, they ask you to mention it when listing which is fair enough and the money was in my bank within 20 minutes. The price when I asked the local LR dealer if they wanted to buy it back was considerably lower.