Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.9% financing on MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WllXM

May 4, 2022
London
I don't know who needs to see this.

Just tried to spec my exact car, with the £2000 less on cash price vs when I purchased, and this, I would save around £200 / month. That's over £7k on the remainder of my PCP.
Just need to work out if early termination would bring the car on par financially.
Seriously contemplating just swapping like for like... But would lose the USS...
Almost no downtime given the delivery timeframe.

Thoughts?

1699355246785.png

Without derailing this thread, is this a sign that the Model Y minor update (not Juniper) that we've seen in China is going to hit the UK shores soon in the new year?
Our cars are made in China and I can't see much reason for Tesla to want to make two different variants so I would imagine the changes would follow here from the next RHD production run after the updates hit China.

Reactions: ringi
Apart from the giving up of USS, it is difficult to comment without a confirmed early settlement offer. Would probably not work for me financially; £190 a month cheaper but only 19 months left on my 36 month PCP left to run. Could however be a very cheap way to start over for me - not that I would - but possibly significant saving plus new car for you as long yours has no minor damage which could become major/ expensive when the condition is assesed by Tesla.
When you have done the numbers, you can truly answer the question : " What price USS"😊

They've never even looked at mine when I've part ex'd them (with Tesla). Just took photos, uploaded them, got an offer ... and parked it up when I picked up the new one.
Understood. You have the experience. However, to clarify, if the car had any damage such as wheel rash or minor scratches, would one not be legally obliged to show them in the photos? Tesla could then, (depending on policy then current) revise their trade in offer.
Is their trade in offer not subject to any conditions?

Just tried to spec my exact car, with the £2000 less on cash price vs when I purchased, and this, I would save around £200 / month. That's over £7k on the remainder of my PCP.
Just need to work out if early termination would bring the car on par financially.
Seriously contemplating just swapping like for like... But would lose the USS...

Thoughts?

View attachment 988586
Any developments?

However, to clarify, if the car had any damage such as wheel rash or minor scratches, would one not be legally obliged to show them in the photos? Tesla could then, (depending on policy then current) revise their trade in offer.
Is their trade in offer not subject to any conditions?

I submitted photos. They asked me to wash the car 🤓 I did that and submitted fresh photos, they made me an offer. So, yeah, they are expecting photos good enough to decide on curb rash etc. But they probably have a view on win-some / lose-some, and volume being more important to them than salesman , spending time / costing wages, making a careful check - or it seems that that HAS been the case ... but that might relate to when they just sent them to auction, and latterly they seem to have been buying more, and then removing all add-ons - and in some cases that has then required a respray - stories here of a LOT of work being done to get the car ready for resale, so my supposition is that Tesla have moved into that, 2nd hand, market - it lets Tesla control the market / and price (if they buy significant numbers of 2nd hand cars) in which case they may offer better than trades available elsewhere and/or care less about condition.

Past history no guarantee of future policy!

I am sure the small print says they will come after you if the car looks nothing like the photos :) but I haven't read of any stories here where that has been the case. Not sure they will even chase you if you fail to provide all the charging cables (although they do seem pretty keen on "two sets of keys" at handover)

Reactions: Wattsisname

Thoughts?

View attachment 988586
Don't forget also to check the final settlement figure as this has recently changed, which massages the monthly payments quite a bit. For example; my agreement at 3.9% taken out in March 2023 after initial deposit and all monthly payments has a settlement figure of around £20k - the exact same figures now at 2.9% (the vehicle price hasn't changed) has a settlement figure of £24k. Monthly payments are lower by ~£100, but over the full term of the agreement the difference is only £1k, which I'm almost certain would be lost in any sale.

Don't forget also to check the final settlement figure as this has recently changed, which massages the monthly payments quite a bit. For example; my agreement at 3.9% taken out in March 2023 after initial deposit and all monthly payments has a settlement figure of around £20k - the exact same figures now at 2.9% (the vehicle price hasn't changed) has a settlement figure of £24k. Monthly payments are lower by ~£100, but over the full term of the agreement the difference is only £1k, which I'm almost certain would be lost in any sale.
This is for a PCP?
Was the process of getting a settlement figurer hassle free or are these numbers based on your own calculation? If the latter, what is your formula for the calculation.

BTW A few weeks ago Tesla offered 0% on the M3 to shift them before Highland. These cost of money manipulations must be subsidised by Tesla to achieve price reductions without, apparently price dumping. Nothing wrong with that of course.

This is for a PCP?
Was the process of getting a settlement figurer hassle free or are these numbers based on your own calculation? If the latter, what is your formula for the calculation.

BTW A few weeks ago Tesla offered 0% on the M3 to shift them before Highland. These cost of money manipulations must be subsidised by Tesla to achieve price reductions without, apparently price dumping. Nothing wrong with that of course.
Yes PCP. I didn't mean a settlement figure sorry, I meant the final balloon payment which you would need to make at the end if you wanted to keep the car, or whatever the difference would be to resell/trade. This figure is fixed and given by Tesla Finance when you buy the car, and you can see the figures on the online configurator.

To get a settlement figure you need to speak to Tesla Finance (presuming your current vehicle is financed through them), the phone number and email address is on the loan documents.

Reactions: Wattsisname
To get a settlement figure you need to speak to Tesla Finance (presuming your current vehicle is financed through them), the phone number and email address is on the loan documents.
You can get a settlement figure immediately in the app if you have finance through Tesla directly. Scroll down on the app to Financing (on the home screen, not in your account page), then press Loan Details, Manage Loan, Early Payoff. It gives you a settlement figure there & then. Be careful to write it down, there's some kind of time lockout on it.

You can get a settlement figure immediately in the app if you have finance through Tesla directly. Scroll down on the app to Financing (on the home screen, not in your account page), then press Loan Details, Manage Loan, Early Payoff. It gives you a settlement figure there & then. Be careful to write it down, there's some kind of time lockout on it.
Didn't know that - useful, thank you.