Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.97 0-60 (1ft) model 3 stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
most people haven't been drag racing for 20+ years of their life and can't tell when their car is spinning and when it's not. You can clearly see in my chart on dragy if you pull it up that there's two seperate spikes of .25 g fluctuation down and up where the car lost and caught traction. Losing traction doesn't mean everything looks like a top fuel dragster doing a 1000 foot burnout. .25g is quite a bit to be able to feel when you're sub 1g.

<edit> forgot to say that was in normal sport mode too, that's why the correction was so fast. In slip start and track mode the back side of the drop was much slower to come back up.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention here a cool in-progress build of a salvaged 2022 P3D by Chris on the "B is for Build" youtube channel.

He is documenting the whole process of gutting and presumably turning it into a faster car. Interesting breakdown of what it entails and how the car's electronics react taking different bits apart.

Link to his first video of this project is here.

Really intrigued to follow along and see the actual weight savings and end results. I know Zerosport was another fully gutted track car shown off on these forums but that project seems to have fizzled with no updates since 2020.

Good considerations.
I have to say that on dry asphalt I never felt or never experienced traction control action (performing 0-60mph on straight road) . Even with low profile 235/35-20" tires. Traction control (instad on curves) is terrible , it cuts power in a INDECENT way.
my best (easily repetable ) is 3,22 , 3.03 (1ft roll) with 20 Uberturbine rims and crap 235/35 Pirelli PZero.
You can say: " You don't feel it but probably it is acting nerfing power". And I agree.
The fact is that i tried many times also allowing "Slip Start" and I never had better result on 0-60mph.
I have good experience on drag racing (Ice cars) and I'm able to feel the tires slipping.
Curious if running v1 20” oem rims/Michelin AS4’s would make a diff to Uber and pirelli’s …hmm 🤔