Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2-piece Roof Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reviews say it still sags...
I would recommend to look at all the Amazon's Customer Reviews.
Some users mentioned that it fits prefectly and uses good quality material, some said the opposite...
One user from Hawaii added an aluminium beam and covered it with cloth tape to look nicer.

Note: I wish such sunshade was part of the car and could roll inside the roof frame, like the Ioniq 5 for example.
What the point otherwise to have a glass roof if you have to keep the shade all the time and don't get advantage of the view.

It looks like they've kept the same product page for the 2 piece that they had been using for the one piece. That creates confusion because there are no reviews new enough to be for the new two piece, only the old one piece ones.

Reactions: zachd
It looks like they've kept the same product page for the 2 piece that they had been using for the one piece. That creates confusion because there are no reviews new enough to be for the new two piece, only the old one piece ones.
Amusingly, this is the opposite of the typical problem with Amazon reviews, where someone replaces a product with a much cheaper and worse one, and it takes a long time for the reviews to finally reflect that. You'd think they would just start a new product page for this, but probably you have to pay Amazon if you want to do that.

Reactions: zachd
Amusingly, this is the opposite of the typical problem with Amazon reviews, where someone replaces a product with a much cheaper and worse one, and it takes a long time for the reviews to finally reflect that. You'd think they would just start a new product page for this, but probably you have to pay Amazon if you want to do that.
Also starting from zero stars is a big negative. People on Amazon will skip over products that don’t have a lot of reviews.

I have the reflective two piece from Heat Shield. I think it's also sold on Amazon. It was great the first year but I've yet to put it up yet. I usually keep it in the entire summer as my MY is parked outside daily in at least partial-day direct overhead afternoon sun... it does not sag but uses suction cups.

Reactions: Pianewman
Not a MY but my M3 shade is awesome in the SoCal sun and heat. I didnt get the official Tesla shade. I went 3rd party which has a smaller grid to it. And yes, the back panels sags a touch but not really noticeable even with someone in the back seat. IT made a measurable difference sitting in the car in direct light.

Reactions: Wyeme
I just placed an order on Ali Express for a similar version of the two piece but with a light grey color and a reflective top.

Once I receive it and install it, I'll provide a review of it here.
The issue with AE is the difficulty in returning something but there's a money back guarantee and from past experience, I haven't had too many issues. I'm likely looking at mid to late May before I receive it due to the ongoing global logistic issues but I could not find a similar version on Amazon or eBay. I already have a two piece version with the black fabric but the version I have runs the length of the car instead of the width. It doesn't sag as much as the one piece version but there's still a sag and I didn't like the black fabric. It seems such a drastic change from the openness of the glass roof. I'm hoping the light grey is an improvement and will make the cabin brighter.

So this is the one I got:

Tesla Model Y Roof Sunshade Panoramic Sunroof Sunshade 2020-2022 Tesla Model Y Accessories(Set of Two)
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09PB4JBTS/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_XHC0PJXRRG21XH5FQEJ0

Just put it in today. At first just did the front one but then but the back piece in later.

I was careful when unfolding it based on the poster who said they broke theirs.

2 clips In the front, 1 on each side for the front piece and it was pretty stable. Same with the rear, 2 in the back 1 on each side and then the middle connector clip on each side to join the two pieces.

Looks good, easy to install and just In time for the hot days we have been having in SoCal.