Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Induction Wheels Now Included On Stealth Performance Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a VIN assigned for a MYP w/o upgrade package & Gemini wheels. I called to get the free upgrade and asked if the could keep the VIN assigned to me and just swap the tires. Not surprisingly, the answer was no and the VIN was removed from my account.

I'm getting MSM, so the black wheels are a no-brainer in my opinion, even with an added delay.

I agree. I want MSM and I am not a fan of the silver wheels. I would have had them powder coated or something. While I would have preferred a dark grey wheel like the color of the 21” wheels, black looks a lot better than silver with MSM.

It amazes me that this information isn't published anywhere. Not in the specs. Not in the FAQ. Not on the ordering page. I mean, they expect people to order cars online, they need to include more information.
100% agree....all I am asking for is the tire that is on the MYP non-pup 20” induction. No one seems to know :(

But at least from owners it’s been confirmed that 20” induction on LR is AS.

100% agree....all I am asking for is the tire that is on the MYP non-pup 20” induction. No one seems to know :(

But at least from owners it’s been confirmed that 20” induction on LR is AS.

Right. And that's NOT too much to ask. Point is, you shouldn't have to ask. It should be published in the specs.

Like others, I was excited at the prospect of upgrading straight to the performance because I wanted the $2K wheels. But, if those are going to be summer-only on the Performance Model, then I'll stick with the regular dual-motor with the 20s and all-seasons.

If the 20s on the Performance are indeed summer-only, Tesla should offer an off-menu option to get them with all-seasons.

Right. And that's NOT too much to ask. Point is, you shouldn't have to ask. It should be published in the specs.

Like others, I was excited at the prospect of upgrading straight to the performance because I wanted the $2K wheels. But, if those are going to be summer-only on the Performance Model, then I'll stick with the regular dual-motor with the 20s and all-seasons.

If the 20s on the Performance are indeed summer-only, Tesla should offer an off-menu option to get them with all-seasons.

I’m in the same boat as you. If they are AS I will switch to Perf w/ Induction. My gut feeling is that they are the same as the LR but it’s just that folks are mis-informed as this option was released last week. Also if the reps are calling the LR 20” summer, they are misinformed as well...I really think it’s the same tire

fyi...I drove the 21” yesterday and it was too harsh for my taste...I’m in NJ

My gut feeling is that they are the same as the LR but it’s just that folks are mis-informed as this option was released last week. Also if the reps are calling the LR 20” summer, they are misinformed as well...I really think it’s the same tire
It could also be that they're using different tires on the same model/packages depending on build date. Perhaps the A/S supply chain was interrupted and they switched to summer tires for a while.

Which for us here in Pennsylvania it can be 75 one day and 35 the next

Yeahhhh my winter set was not happy with the weather this season lol. In fact, I still have them on the car now, but that is because I want to trade it in with my not so great winter wheels/tires and sell my nice summer wheels and tires separately.