Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Tires--what a nice surprise...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had X in for service ( over 16K to-date ).

Was advised even tread on all tires ( Continentals ) and that I probably have another 15-20K left in them.

Coming from a BMW X5 that needed new tires at 15K or so this is quite an improvement.

Now, if they can improve the SW to make my XM radio investment worthwhile I'll be completely satisfied.....:)

Wondering on the XM demand, are there just certain things you can not get via bluetooth or tune in? I was talking with a friend and we were trying to figure out how they were still in business

On your service invoice what was the tread depth remaining on average for your tires? At a ~11,500 mile warranty service I had 7-8/32 for outer, center, and inner for all tires. I believe they start with 10/32 and end of life is 2/32 at any point in the tire. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Actually no....a significant amount of the mileage at highway speed & low setting on I75/I95/I40 up and down coast. Locally, I accelerate so fast that I get to low pretty quickly:)....important to get well ahead of the "lost" tourists on US41.

On your service invoice what was the tread depth remaining on average for your tires? At a ~11,500 mile warranty service I had 7-8/32 for outer, center, and inner for all tires. I believe they start with 10/32 and end of life is 2/32 at any point in the tire. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I'm pretty happy with my 20" Continentals as well and will likely get the same ones (tirerack or Tesla Svc Center?).
I have just about 22K miles on them with 7/32" all the way around and supposedly on outer/center/inner.
I've probably driven 90% on the highway and thus on the low suspension height.

Wondering on the XM demand, are there just certain things you can not get via bluetooth or tune in? I was talking with a friend and we were trying to figure out how they were still in business
There are parts of the country that some of us frequent in our travels that do not have cellular service. We snow ski in central WV (Snowshoe), very close to the Greenbank Radio Observatory, which is surrounded by a 13,000 square mile radio quiet zone. No cell towers, or radio stations. This is only one example. There are many others.

United States National Radio Quiet Zone - Wikipedia

There are parts of the country that some of us frequent in our travels that do not have cellular service. We snow ski in central WV (Snowshoe), very close to the Greenbank Radio Observatory, which is surrounded by a 13,000 square mile radio quiet zone. No cell towers, or radio stations. This is only one example. There are many others.

+ add to my comments, No Commercials!!

• Informative
Reactions: vandacca and 182RG

Cool! I never knew such a thing existed!

BYOM (Bring Your Own Music) via USB or Bluetooth!