Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

200 miles review: Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my GTI now, I would be getting the All Season Sport 4S if I wasn't about to trade in for the Model 3!

The A/S 3+ has been a superb tire so far, and even did decently well with the snow Houston got this past winter.
Yes we had a pair of the Pilot Sport A/S3 Plus and they were a great all-around Tire– when we got our first performance model 3 we had to drive it down to Florida in the middle of the winter so the summer Tires were not cutting it.. The Pilot Sport All Season 4 is even better. A bit quieter, a bit better in snow, and a little bit more comfortable but still with Summer Tire performance on dry pavement. You have to experience that tire to believe that any Tire could be that good at so many different and conflicting functional goals

Reactions: jrmt23
I took the plunge and swapped out the OEM tires (Michelin MXM4) for Michelin Pilot Spot A/S 4...

So far, I'mv very happy, after about 500 miles driven. Overall handling is definitely better. Mileage I can't determine yet since its summer and temps are all over the place, but I certainly have not notices any large drop (unlike seasonal drops with temp).

Road noise is also good. I was bracing for more noise, but in fact I think there is less. I suspect this is less about actual decibels (I didn't measure these), so much as the sound is less intrusive to my ear .. less "whine" and more a medium pitched purr.

Reactions: dfwatt
Yes we had a pair of the Pilot Sport A/S3 Plus and they were a great all-around Tire– when we got our first performance model 3 we had to drive it down to Florida in the middle of the winter so the summer Tires were not cutting it.. The Pilot Sport All Season 4 is even better. A bit quieter, a bit better in snow, and a little bit more comfortable but still with Summer Tire performance on dry pavement. You have to experience that tire to believe that any Tire could be that good at so many different and conflicting functional goals
And they last quite a long time.

I had a hard time deciding between those and the Pilot Sport 4S, but I just couldn't justify the yearly expense of new tires with how good the A/S 3+ were already.

Update, 7921 miles @ 45psi. Efficiency is 258 wh/mi.
Getting close to that with similar inflation in mixed driving. Just did 700 mi interstate road trip with 400 lbs total load, used AC, averaging 80 mph on 90% of it (other than slowing for two traffic areas in each direction) and trip average was 318 wh/mi. Noise was fairly quiet (lower than my worn MXM OEM tires) on all but rough or grooved cement roads. Tires are much more responsive in steering and grip than OEM, like day vs night better on wet roads.

Last edited:
any performance owners with these tires? im just curious what the 20' versions look like on the OEM wheels.
FCF0009C-4BA9-4A21-9DAD-CF4612254F4C.jpeg

292E43F2-CB49-4CE6-8F1F-D5DCCCDEB266.jpeg

Reactions: Sheefo2k and jrmt23
thanks so much for the pictures @K3vin11 - they still look plenty sporty IMO. any noticeable loss in acceleration performance or range?

🤡

I went from the stock PS4S tires to 245 wide AS3+ which was heavier and took a 10% range hit and loss some grip when cornering.

Now that I switched to 245 AS4 it’s much lighter and got the grip back on cornering.

I got a service appointment to reseal both control arms, wheel alignment and safety inspection then I’ll take a 400+miles road trip this weekend to check out Giga Austin to test out the range when the new tires.

1500 miles in... swapped flat prone disaster PZeros for PS AS4s and went 245/40/19 vs stock 235/35/20s.

The as4 in 245 is 8.6" contact vs the Pzero meger 7.9"

efficiency is a push. As4 294 vs Pzero 301... negligible tbh.

handling the Pzero had a tad more to offer, but barely. Turn in is outstanding on AS4s, but can’t quite compete with the summer compound Pzero in 35 aspect. Given I went summer to all season and only lost a touch, color me impressed.

wet handling, the AS4 is a bit more sturdy tbh. More confident in It when in rains.

ride? AS4 is better, but on lighter wheels with 40 aspect I expected this.

snow... no data, but the Pzero is a no go here So it’s moot. Had the a/s3+ and it was acceptable the as4 is allegedly better.

Reliability. Ha. Pzero had a blow out flat and bubbled 2 other tires in 750mi. 1500 miles into the AS4s... nothing. Rock solid all tires look perfect. Yes, the 40 aspect is a game change, but the boxy sideway I suspect is better for preventing flats.

overall... amazing results. Got everything I wanted.
Thank you SO much for that data! I have a new Plaid and just discovered that the Pirelli P zeros were a disaster in the waiting here in Massachusetts. I wonder why on earth Tesla shipped the car here with those?
Frank O. Clark

1500 miles in... swapped flat prone disaster PZeros for PS AS4s and went 245/40/19 vs stock 235/35/20s.

The as4 in 245 is 8.6" contact vs the Pzero meger 7.9"

efficiency is a push. As4 294 vs Pzero 301... negligible tbh.

handling the Pzero had a tad more to offer, but barely. Turn in is outstanding on AS4s, but can’t quite compete with the summer compound Pzero in 35 aspect. Given I went summer to all season and only lost a touch, color me impressed.

wet handling, the AS4 is a bit more sturdy tbh. More confident in It when in rains.

ride? AS4 is better, but on lighter wheels with 40 aspect I expected this.

snow... no data, but the Pzero is a no go here So it’s moot. Had the a/s3+ and it was acceptable the as4 is allegedly better.

Reliability. Ha. Pzero had a blow out flat and bubbled 2 other tires in 750mi. 1500 miles into the AS4s... nothing. Rock solid all tires look perfect. Yes, the 40 aspect is a game change, but the boxy sideway I suspect is better for preventing flats.

overall... amazing results. Got everything I wanted.

What's the noise and ride difference between the stock Ubers/Pirellis versus the AS4s on 19'' wheels? About to do the exact same thing.

Finally crossed 2000 miles on my PS4 A/S thought I'd post an update. Efficiency is pretty much back to what it was with the stock MXM4. It took a while to get there. Extremely pleased with the smoothness and quietness, and the car is definitely more responsive with its handling. I can definitely recommend these tires.

One thing though, I do have these tires at 45psi, compared to 42 on the MXM4.
Curious, why 45psi? I’m running these tires too, currently at 42psi but open to trying higher