Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Tesla Roadster Raffle, Model #243

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JBT

Mar 30, 2010
St. Philip's Academy is raffling off a 2008 Tesla Roadster, Model #243, to benefit financial aid. 100% of the proceeds will go towards financial aid for St. Philip's students. The Roadster is Radiant Red Metallic and has ~375 miles on it.

Raffle Info:
- Only 200 tickets will be sold
- Each ticket is worth $1,000
- You may purchase as many tickets as you desire to increase your chances of winning.
- The raffle drawing will be held on Friday, April 23, 2010. You need not be present at the drawing.

To purchase raffle tickets, go to St Philips Academy :: Support :: Tesla Roadster Raffle

For more information, contact Joy Tolliver, Esq. at (973) 286-4686 or at [email protected].

Thanks, Doug, for your post. We wanted to increase the chances of winning, so that is why we limited it to 200 tickets. A 1 in 200 chance of winning is great!

Sure, but I bet a lot more people would pay $20 bucks for a 1 in 10,000 chance than would pay $1000 for a 1 in 200 chance. I know I would!

Of course all that matters for you guys is to sell your 200 tickets, and you can probably do that. And fewer tickets mean less of an administrative headache.

However, it wouldn't be that difficult to structure a lottery such that differently priced tickets yield a proportionately different probability all in the same drawing.

Raffle Info:
- Only 200 tickets will be sold
- Each ticket is worth $1,000
- You may purchase as many tickets as you desire to increase your chances of winning.
- The raffle drawing will be held on Friday, April 23, 2010. You need not be present at the drawing.

It looks like they may have changed the terms of the raffle now.

http://www.stphilipsacademy.org/RelId/606986/ISvars/default/Tesla_Roadster_Raffle.htm
...2000 raffle tickets at $100 each
- The drawing will be held on September 24th, 2010...

Oh yeah,

They called.

They had only sold 45 tickets. The car donater insisted on full ticket sales so they offered us to opt out or convert our one $1000 ticket to 10 $100 dollars tickets. They hope for more total sales this way.

Fisker had our money for so long we just went ahead and stayed in. Odds should be the same right?

Does this mean we have to re-deposit on the Fisker?
On behalf of the students and faculty members of St. Philip’s Academy, we sincerely thank you for your contribution through the purchase of a Tesla Roadster raffle ticket. To conduct the raffle of such a large and expensive item, the state of New Jersey and the Legalized Games of Chance Commission require that the raffling entity obtain a license, and establish a firm raffle date and time to conduct the raffle. St. Philip’s acquired the requisite license, and established the raffle date of Friday, September 24, 2010 at 2:45 p.m.

The donor of the vehicle predicated the raffle upon the condition that 2,000 tickets be sold; however, we were not able to meet that goal. Every effort was made to advertise the raffle and display the vehicle to garner interest, but it appears to be a difficult economy for a raffle such as this. Accordingly, the raffle of the Tesla Roadster had to be cancelled. Within the next few days, you will receive a letter and refund check via postal mail.

We sincerely appreciate and thank you for your interest in supporting St. Philip’s Academy, and we look forward to seeing you at our future events.

Regards,

Joy B. Tolliver

I did the same thing and had been waiting for months for this raffle. Guess I'll just have to buy one now. Almost there. Thinking about Artic White with carbon fiber exterior accents. I was told there was only one arctic white Roadster in North America. I wonder why no one else has picked it? I think it looks pretty good.

... Thinking about Artic White with carbon fiber exterior accents. I was told there was only one arctic white Roadster in North America. I wonder why no one else has picked it? I think it looks pretty good.

The first one I test drove (at a NY test drive event in November 2008) was a white one (maybe I'll post a picture of it if I didn't lose it off my old phone and can figure out how to post an image). I typically don't really like white cars, but it would probably look great with black wheels and the clear CF exterior package and the clear CF hard top.