Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 MS 85 / 19k Miles / Deep Metallic Blue / $49,900 OBO / Rebuilt / 90d Warranty / Price Reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

** This is my second posting of the car. I've decided to drop the price and provide more detail about the car's history. I've also included more pictures via the link below.

For sale is a Deep Metallic Blue 2013 Model S 85. The car was purchased at an insurance auction in Dec 2015 and had one previous owner before myself. It was in a minor front end collision that resulted in some broken plastic, but no frame damage. The front fascia, louvers, and radiator were replaced along with the front airbags, windshield, and dash top. All repairs were performed by me with a small amount of help painting the replacement bumper and blending the hood and fenders. All replacement parts are Tesla OEM and display Tesla factory logos. Before and after pictures are available on request. Please note that the title is rebuilt.

The battery performs very well and reaches at least 260 miles on a 100-percent charge. I have only range charged it twice for very long trips and it's normally kept no more than 90-percent state of charge (SoC). At 19,000 miles on the odometer, the car's interior and exterior are in excellent shape with no noteworthy scratches or dings. The interior still has a lot of that new car / leather smell. It drives and handles very well; the acceleration is an experience in itself, enough as a non-P model. It obviously doesn't have autopilot, but with RWD and the rest of the Tesla experience, it's a blast to drive.

That all being said, I understand the apprehension around rebuilt vehicles. I'm willing to offer a 90-day warranty on the battery and drive train should they fail from a manufacturing defect. This does not include normal wear and tear or damage resulting from a car accident.

Note: the car had an ultimate detail from The Right Choice Mobile Detailing performed on 5/11/16. Detail included wash, interior clean and shampoo, buffing, hand wax, and tire shire. As you can see from the picutres, they did an excellent job!

Odometer Approx: 19,000
Color: Deep Metallic Blue
Battery: 85 kWh
Range: 260 miles
Motor: RWD 362 hp, 5.4 seconds 0-60 mph
VIN Range: P24XXX

Included Upgrades / Options:

85 kWh Battery with Supercharging (Fast DC Charging)
Tan Nappa Leather Interior
Vertical Obeche Wood Decor
** Smart Air Suspension (GPS-aware)
** Parking Sensors (eight-sensor system)
** Tech Package
** Rear-facing Child Seats / Third Row Seating
19-inch Original Wheels
Mobile Connector with Standard Adapters (charging at home)
Premium Sound System (Inc. 12 spks & 8-inch sub)
XM Satellite Radio
Titanium Battery Plate

Late 2013 Tech Package Includes:
- Auto-tilt Mirrors (for reversing)
- Driver Profiles with Seat and Steering Wheel Position Memory
- Heated Front Seats
- High Definition 720p Back-up Camera
- Homelink (GPS-enabled garage door opener)
- Lighted & Auto-presenting Door Handles with Keyless Entry
- Maps with Navigation and Real Time Traffic Information
- Powered Lift-gate
- Premium Interior Lightning
- Valet Mode

Asking $49,900** (PRICE REDUCED) or best offer. All reasonable offers will be considered. Located around the Jacobson Park area in Lexington, KY. Please call, text, or start a PM conversation on TMC if interested.

Ph: (859) 545-1738

Thanks for looking!

*** Max of 10 pictures are allowed here so please use this link to view all twenty-one listing picutres and some pictures of the car at various superchargers around central KY.

Listing

Detail (01).JPG Detail (02).JPG Detail (04).JPG Detail (05).JPG Detail (06).JPG Detail (08).JPG Detail (19).JPG Detail (20).JPG Detail (21).JPG Detail (24).JPG

Does the super charger network work on this vehicle?

Does tesla warranty the battery or drive train?

Will tesla give an ESA?

Hi Marcebahn,

Yes. It's fully supported on the supercharger network. Please see the Google Drive link for evidence of it. Once a vehicle is totaled and then rebuilt, Tesla no longer honors the warranty. This is true with most any manufacturer. It is also ineligble for the ESA as far as I'm aware. However, I'm willing to offer the buyer a 90-day warranty from any manufacturing defects on the drive train and battery.

For all the recent auction cars, Tesla has been taking a new approach. They now leave supercharging enabled and provide security-only firmware updates. This is far more workable than disabling supercharging in the car's internal configuration.

Another thought.... Will tesla service center recertifiy the car after the repairs?

If they do recertifiy, then an ESA may not be out of the question.

Does the tesla app work as well?

Thanks

Yes. They're willing to recertify it at a Tesla approved body shop. I had a potential customer contact the Tesla SC in Indianapolis and the local approved body shop was willing to do it for approximately $1200.

It's certainly possible but I've always been told they aren't willing to do the ESA. That's just word of mouth from Tesla SC mechanics and some body shops though. Could have just been discouraging rebuilding the car.

Yes, the app is working.

Hi everyone,

** This is my second posting of the car. I've decided to drop the price and provide more detail about the car's history. I've also included more pictures via the link below.

For sale is a Deep Metallic Blue 2013 Model S 85. The car was purchased at an insurance auction in Dec 2015 and had one previous owner before myself. It was in a minor front end collision that resulted in some broken plastic, but no frame damage. The front fascia, louvers, and radiator were replaced along with the front airbags, windshield, and dash top. All repairs were performed by me with a small amount of help painting the replacement bumper and blending the hood and fenders. All replacement parts are Tesla OEM and display Tesla factory logos. Before and after pictures are available on request. Please note that the title is rebuilt.

The battery performs very well and reaches at least 260 miles on a 100-percent charge. I have only range charged it twice for very long trips and it's normally kept no more than 90-percent state of charge (SoC). At 19,000 miles on the odometer, the car's interior and exterior are in excellent shape with no noteworthy scratches or dings. The interior still has a lot of that new car / leather smell. It drives and handles very well; the acceleration is an experience in itself, enough as a non-P model. It obviously doesn't have autopilot, but with RWD and the rest of the Tesla experience, it's a blast to drive.

That all being said, I understand the apprehension around rebuilt vehicles. I'm willing to offer a 90-day warranty on the battery and drive train should they fail from a manufacturing defect. This does not include normal wear and tear or damage resulting from a car accident.

Note: the car had an ultimate detail from The Right Choice Mobile Detailing performed on 5/11/16. Detail included wash, interior clean and shampoo, buffing, hand wax, and tire shire. As you can see from the picutres, they did an excellent job!

Odometer Approx: 19,000
Color: Deep Metallic Blue
Battery: 85 kWh
Range: 260 miles
Motor: RWD 362 hp, 5.4 seconds 0-60 mph
VIN Range: P24XXX

Included Upgrades / Options:

85 kWh Battery with Supercharging (Fast DC Charging)
Tan Nappa Leather Interior
Vertical Obeche Wood Decor
** Smart Air Suspension (GPS-aware)
** Parking Sensors (eight-sensor system)
** Tech Package
** Rear-facing Child Seats / Third Row Seating
19-inch Original Wheels
Mobile Connector with Standard Adapters (charging at home)
Premium Sound System (Inc. 12 spks & 8-inch sub)
XM Satellite Radio
Titanium Battery Plate

Late 2013 Tech Package Includes:
- Auto-tilt Mirrors (for reversing)
- Driver Profiles with Seat and Steering Wheel Position Memory
- Heated Front Seats
- High Definition 720p Back-up Camera
- Homelink (GPS-enabled garage door opener)
- Lighted & Auto-presenting Door Handles with Keyless Entry
- Maps with Navigation and Real Time Traffic Information
- Powered Lift-gate
- Premium Interior Lightning
- Valet Mode

Asking $49,900** (PRICE REDUCED) or best offer. All reasonable offers will be considered. Located around the Jacobson Park area in Lexington, KY. Please call, text, or start a PM conversation on TMC if interested.

Ph: (859) 545-1738

Thanks for looking!

*** Max of 10 pictures are allowed here so please use this link to view all twenty-one listing picutres and some pictures of the car at various superchargers around central KY.

Listing

View attachment 182298 View attachment 182299 View attachment 182301 View attachment 182302 View attachment 182303 View attachment 182304 View attachment 182305 View attachment 182306 View attachment 182307 View attachment 182308

What did you pay for it at auction? I understand you must have spent quite a sum rebuilding it.