Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S 85 Autopilot - $60.5k obo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reluctantly putting my 2014 Tesla Model S 85 kWh with Autopilot - having to make some changes for personal reasons. Car still runs like a dream, and got roughly 262 rated on 100% charge last week. Some curb rash on the wheels and minor scratches on the trunk. In the Cincinnati area. Here are the particulars:
  • Delivered late December 2014
  • 85kWh battery
  • Metallic blue (original)
  • 19" stock wheels
  • Gray Nappa Leather interior
  • Panoramic Roof
  • Tech Package (circa 2014)
  • Autopilot enabled with Software version 8.0
  • Parcel shelf
  • 3M window tint
  • Opticoat Pro / Xpel clear bra applied January 2015
  • Prepaid annual service - 2 remaining (last service August 2016)
  • 28,655 miles
  • $60,500 obo
IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0204.JPG IMG_0205.JPG IMG_0206.JPG IMG_0208.JPG IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0213.JPG

Reactions: JPUConn
Not a potential buyer, but I believe only the ORIGINAL owner has the ability to purchase the extended 4 year/50k mile warranty from Tesla. Correct me if I'm wrong, but once the car is transferred to the new owner POOF! no more option to buy it. It will follow the car and transfer automatically for the new owner.

You might be right - I haven't checked up on this, but would make sense. At any rate, the new car warranty would transfer to the new owner, which for this vintage of Model S is 2 years remaining. Still would have the remainder of the 8 year/unlimited mile powertrain/battery warranty as well.

Yes, this is the same autopilot hardware that is shipping with the 2016 models, or at least mostly similar. Autopilot-equipped Model S's are a bit rare - they started including the hardware in September 2014, so they wouldn't have started showing up on delivered cars until December 2014. No 2013 cars have this hardware.

YES.. ONLY THE ORIGINAL OWNER can buy the extended warranty... when I bought mine from a private owner I paid him an extra 4k on top of the sale price and he bought the warranty BEFORE we transferred ownership...Best thing i ever did... now i have 6 more years of no worries...e can do it right through the My Tesla website so iit takes about 5 minutes to make it happen and about a week for it to show up in the system at the service centers....Hope that helps... this car t 64K with 6 years of warranty is still a good deal

YES.. ONLY THE ORIGINAL OWNER can buy the extended warranty... when I bought mine from a private owner I paid him an extra 4k on top of the sale price and he bought the warranty BEFORE we transferred ownership...Best thing i ever did... now i have 6 more years of no worries...e can do it right through the My Tesla website so iit takes about 5 minutes to make it happen and about a week for it to show up in the system at the service centers....Hope that helps... this car t 64K with 6 years of warranty is still a good deal

Thanks - good info. And yes, if you are interested in purchasing the ESA, I can help you, just let me know.