Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 model S Windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the 2014 windshield include the camera? I ask because price for installation and calibration is 1,700 at sc It shows the price of the windshield/camera 1200, 150 for rain sensor etc. Why can’t they disconnect and reconnect sensors, camera etc? That’s how it was shown on u tube.

I've had 3 windshield replacements on my 2014, always insurance so i didn't pay a penny. Anyway if you look at the part number on the parts catalog it doesn't show the camera module and if you look at your camera module you can see its part of the frame of the car.

There is a recalibration required which is why safelite cant do the windshield on my year car. the newer cars the car can recalibrate itself but the older ones like ours require toolbox access to do the recalibration.
But $1700 is excessive, the below invoice was from Oct 2021 so maybe a smidge of inflation but not $500 worth that's insane, and this is California prices too so if anything it should be cheaper where you're at.

Capture.PNG

Does the 2014 windshield include the camera? I ask because price for installation and calibration is 1,700 at sc It shows the price of the windshield/camera 1200, 150 for rain sensor etc. Why can’t they disconnect and reconnect sensors, camera etc? That’s how it was shown on u tube.
Hi y"all, just replaced my 2014 ms windshield in San Marcos Texas. Total cost was 500.00 inc tax. Has mirror mount, sensor mount, heated, acoustic, uv coated, Made by FYG who is an OEM supplier to two other major mfg companies, possibly to tesla as a rebrand. Pn DW02152 GTY FYG. Great fit, no waves, no problem. Was not done at a SC. An independent shop did it at my home. For your information.

Reactions: henderrj
Hi y"all, just replaced my 2014 ms windshield in San Marcos Texas. Total cost was 500.00 inc tax. Has mirror mount, sensor mount, heated, acoustic, uv coated, Made by FYG who is an OEM supplier to two other major mfg companies, possibly to tesla as a rebrand. Pn DW02152 GTY FYG. Great fit, no waves, no problem. Was not done at a SC. An independent shop did it at my home. For your information.
Does it have autopilot?

@Horrible, 2014 models didn't have AP. I know because I had one.
I'm not the type of user to give thumbs down, but you are incorrect. There were plenty of changes to Tesla's in 2014. As most of us know, you can't label a model S by calendar year like other manufacturers.
Auto Pilot 1 was introduced in Sept 2014.

Can a car be retrofitted with Autopilot hardware?
Cars built between September 2014 and October 2016 include first generation Autopilot hardware: one camera, a first-generation radar and ultrasonic sensors.

Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability | Tesla Support

Related to this thread, I have been through 3 windshields in my Dec 2014 AP 1 enabled Model S, and last year it was $1200 CDN, which is the same amount of money as the $895 US price quoted above from @airborne spoon . There were no aftermarket options available.

Last edited:
New Flash!
I asked kilowatt if his 2014 had autopilot because his windshield was so cheap I figured he didn’t have any camera.

You are mistaken about 2014 Model S Tesla’s not having auto pilot.
Yours didn’t have it but my 2014 does. It works!
Some of the late 2014’s had a Beta system.
Sorry about the slow response, Its an early 2014 so no cameras. Checked the price with camera silkscreen not much more. People just need to find a good third party glass installer as any of them has access to the glass wholesalers.

Reactions: tldickerson
So it sounds like your windshield came from Fuyao (FYG).
But as for the independent shop that did the install, did they order the glass for you from FYG?
I'm not in TX, so if I can use the PN you provided and find a local shop to order it, could save some $.
Thanks