Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S 85 - Build Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 132,477 Miles

Update on the sub-frame. Here is what the before and after looks like. Strangely one of the new arms looks much weaker and smaller than the old. Why? I have no idea Good ole Tesla I guess. Here is to hoping it is a new redesign that is better than before.
FndWfym.jpg

Also at this time swapped to Nokia Hakkapeliitta R3 snow tires on the 19in SlipStreams at 245/45/19.
kauXJ23.jpg

Reactions: tomsla
Hi, would you by any chance know the part number for this new version ? I asked for it for our 2013 Model S (non-P) and the parts clerk said this new solid design would not fit our car. Thanks in advance.
This is the part number below...but it might be that the new sub-frame is also slightly different than the sub-frame in your S right now. So maybe they are accompanying parts.

UPPER LINK ASSEMBLY =1027421-00-E

REAR SUBFRAME ASSEMBLY = 6007012-00-L

• Informative
Reactions: cleverscreenam
This is the part number below...but it might be that the new sub-frame is also slightly different than the sub-frame in your S right now. So maybe they are accompanying parts.

UPPER LINK ASSEMBLY =1027421-00-E

REAR SUBFRAME ASSEMBLY = 6007012-00-L
ok, thanks, most likely like you suggest, must be a newer design for the subframe as what the parts department employees suggested the older upper links part design and not the new as they suggested it would not fit our late 2013 model S. Because of that, and the flexibility of adjustment they offer, I went with N2itive. Will install next week thru the local car garage I mentioned earlier. In any case, do you think, if while installing I find out that our subframe needs replacement, that the 6007012-00-L version of the subframe could be fitted on our nov. 2013 S ?

At 134,274 Miles

Winter didn't last long in MD, so off with the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 19s snow tires and back on with the Pirelli All Season 20s tires. So far sub-frame and car has been solid. Been to Vermont and back (over 800 miles) with 0 issues.

I did have a small issue when installing the 19 inch wheels with the Nokian tires. Figured I share in case someone has this issue in the future too. Basically the tire shop used some very large tire weights. The tire weights made contact with the bottom part of the hub assembly and made an awful noise and vibration through the entire car. I had to take it back to the tire shop to have them fix it. It felt like as if I didn't tighten the lug nuts. So be careful when you use a non-Tesla service shop to install tires for you.

Tw0syHu.jpg

tTkGEwb.jpg

Just a shot of the car before heading up to Vermont to snowboard. This RWD model S is a beast in the snow with snow tires. Highly recommend snow tires especially these Nokians. I have used Michelin ICE-X and Pirelli Sottozero, and those two don't compare to the confidence these Nokians give you in snow and ice...The Hakkapeliitta R3 are very similar to Blizzak WS60s. Still recommend not being an idiot in the snow, drive slow and steady even if others on the road aren't. Always play it safe so you make it home.
iUBEbvb.jpg

When I got to Vermont didn't need the roof rack so took it off for my ride home, and got back some of my efficiency. =D
kX2zI4c.jpg

Lastly, found this picture of my old S2K and just had to share it here. Crazy that my MS85 is just as fast. Of course the S2K was way more nimble. Miss her a lot. Need to start planning on getting another S2K. Probably the best car I have ever owned, then the MS85. MS wins only because its as fast with 4 seats, so can bring my kids along for the ride.
KP0OUHh.jpg

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
Lastly, found this picture of my old S2K and just had to share it here. Crazy that my MS85 is just as fast. Of course the S2K was way more nimble. Miss her a lot. Need to start planning on getting another S2K. Probably the best car I have ever owned, then the MS85. MS wins only because its as fast with 4 seats, so can bring my kids along for the ride.
KP0OUHh.jpg
One of the all time greats! I suppose it wouldn't be as fun as a 4-seater, but it's amazing how fun these still are even with 1/3 of the power of some Teslas.

Reactions: xAgyex
At 134,340 Miles

This post is not about my MS85. But about an amazing trip in Germany where I was able to rent a 2022 Model Y from Sixt car rental. I want to share this info because I couldn't find any of this info any where on the internet when I was planning my trip.

At the end of March my family and I planned a trip to Berlin, Germany. We knew we wanted to have a car for some of the time while there for 2 and a half weeks. My wife and I agreed that it had to be an EV, a Tesla to be precise so we can use super charging when ever we needed. Because we needed a 1 way rental from Cologne to Munich, and also car seats for the kids, we settled on renting from SIXT car rental (SIXT rent a car | Premium Car Rental & Top Deals Worldwide).

Overview of trip(Berlin Hamberg to Cologne to Nurgburging to Munich):
0sQgpcJ.jpg

1. Pick up from SIXT Autovermietung Köln Hauptbahnhof (Cologne HBF Central Train Station).
2. Check in was easy. But with my family in toe with all our bags, they made it annoying to pick up as I had to walk to their other SIXT location about 10 minutes away. Then the attendant sent us to the garage and then back up because he was confused that I was picking up a Tesla. Seemed more like he was expecting a more well dressed person to have ordered a Tesla...hahaha, lets just leave it at that.
OUsxRUG.jpg

3. I verified with them and they noted that I will be billed for Super Charging, but I was never billed. But please plan to be billed if Super Charging and take pictures of the charge cost on the screen every time you stop to Super Charge.
X5HE88Q.jpg

4. They did not activate the app for me or give me any access to Tesla app, even though I made it clear that I already have an account.
5. They simply gave me the keys and I was on my way.
6. While driving from Nurburgring to Munich, we only had to stop 2 times to Super Charge for 15 minutes each. What an efficient car.
7. The standard 2 prong EURO wall plug adapter and UMC was in the frunk, along with the public charging Type 2 cable.
ahtfefw.jpg

cNS1lhE.jpg

8. I did used the Type 2 cable to charge while in Nurburgring area with no issues. I did have to pay for that public charging.
zzZ6w6J.jpg

w0gXWRe.jpg

qOL0EKG.jpg

9. I did use the standard 2 prong EURO wall plug adapter and UMC to charge while at our airbnb in Penzberg, Munich. And had 100% charge every morning.
2xSCPVY.jpg

10. The Model Y was so darn efficient that we could drive all day without needing to Super Charge. We drove at least 100 miles each day with no issues to reach the sites and places we wanted to go to. I am definitely getting a Model Y next.
11. Upon drop off all seemed well, but later when checking my invoice...SIXT tried to charge me for damage to front bumper, which was there when I picked it up and I had reported it and took pictures of it. So no sweet there. But be careful with SIXT.

TIP:
1. At pickup and dropoff, TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES OF THE OUTSIDE AND INSIDE
2. Use the SIXT app to ask for any refunds and or dispute any erroneous charges. They are quick to respond and refund.
3. If you can afford it when overseas get the added mid tier rental insurance they offer.
4. If you can afford it get the "Fueling/Charging service", so you don't have to worry about charging it up before you drop it off. They will just charge you what ever the cost is to fill it back up to where it was when you picked it up. In my case only $15 (50% when I dropped it off but should have been at 80% SOC) was charged to me after I dropped of the car. So $15 for 22 kW a bit high but what ever.
5. Charging is super easy at super chargers in Germany. A lot of super chargers all over.
6. OH yes this was odd to me, but they charge you at a lot of rest stops to use the restroom. So make sure you bring some Euro coins with you when you stop at rest stops.
RXjoRTF.jpg

7. Do not take a SIXT/Hertz rental to Nurburgring. This is not allowed, and the rental companies can fine you, and if you crash that rental, you will be screwed big time. Check out RingFreaks (Race Car Rental Nurburgring - Flexible Online Booking for Tourist Drives) and you can rent one of their 6 speed BMW E90 325i. Here I am with my best friend co-piloting as we went through the carousel.
9tWGvvt.jpg

Overall, will rent again from SIXT as the car itself was great. Just need to make sure to cover yourself with lots of photos.
3Aif3ah.jpg

Lastly, wow Euro is amazing in an EV. Being able to go as fast as you want sometimes in the fast lane is awesome, but I honestly had no reason to go any faster than 140 kmph. I cant wait to visit again.
VZma13P.jpg

At 134,870 Miles

I recently purchased the 20v Worx Hydroshot cordless pressure washer, and wanted to share my thoughts. YES everyone should get it, as it makes washing the car at home easy. But I am not sure how long it will last. Hope a long time.

1. Only purchase one if you can find them on sale for under $100. And also if you already have other Worx tools.
7uqYWhp.jpg

2. The pressure is very low, but good enough and safe enough.
uVXuMYK.jpg

3. It can knock off most dirt before you spray on soap.

4. It is not too heavy to hold.

5. The soap sprayer doesn't foam as well as a normal power washer, but honestly its good enough.
P15eUDg.jpg

6. I think the car looks just as clean as when I use a normal power washer...but this time I didn't have to worry if the pressure was too much.
SN4jalU.jpg

cZV5lxe.jpg

At 134,340 Miles

This post is not about my MS85. But about an amazing trip in Germany where I was able to rent a 2022 Model Y from Sixt car rental. I want to share this info because I couldn't find any of this info any where on the internet when I was planning my trip.

At the end of March my family and I planned a trip to Berlin, Germany. We knew we wanted to have a car for some of the time while there for 2 and a half weeks. My wife and I agreed that it had to be an EV, a Tesla to be precise so we can use super charging when ever we needed. Because we needed a 1 way rental from Cologne to Munich, and also car seats for the kids, we settled on renting from SIXT car rental (SIXT rent a car | Premium Car Rental & Top Deals Worldwide).

Overview of trip(Berlin Hamberg to Cologne to Nurgburging to Munich):
0sQgpcJ.jpg

1. Pick up from SIXT Autovermietung Köln Hauptbahnhof (Cologne HBF Central Train Station).
2. Check in was easy. But with my family in toe with all our bags, they made it annoying to pick up as I had to walk to their other SIXT location about 10 minutes away. Then the attendant sent us to the garage and then back up because he was confused that I was picking up a Tesla. Seemed more like he was expecting a more well dressed person to have ordered a Tesla...hahaha, lets just leave it at that.
OUsxRUG.jpg

3. I verified with them and they noted that I will be billed for Super Charging, but I was never billed. But please plan to be billed if Super Charging and take pictures of the charge cost on the screen every time you stop to Super Charge.
X5HE88Q.jpg

4. They did not activate the app for me or give me any access to Tesla app, even though I made it clear that I already have an account.
5. They simply gave me the keys and I was on my way.
6. While driving from Nurburgring to Munich, we only had to stop 2 times to Super Charge for 15 minutes each. What an efficient car.
7. The standard 2 prong EURO wall plug adapter and UMC was in the frunk, along with the public charging Type 2 cable.
ahtfefw.jpg

cNS1lhE.jpg

8. I did used the Type 2 cable to charge while in Nurburgring area with no issues. I did have to pay for that public charging.
zzZ6w6J.jpg

w0gXWRe.jpg

qOL0EKG.jpg

9. I did use the standard 2 prong EURO wall plug adapter and UMC to charge while at our airbnb in Penzberg, Munich. And had 100% charge every morning.
2xSCPVY.jpg

10. The Model Y was so darn efficient that we could drive all day without needing to Super Charge. We drove at least 100 miles each day with no issues to reach the sites and places we wanted to go to. I am definitely getting a Model Y next.
11. Upon drop off all seemed well, but later when checking my invoice...SIXT tried to charge me for damage to front bumper, which was there when I picked it up and I had reported it and took pictures of it. So no sweet there. But be careful with SIXT.

TIP:
1. At pickup and dropoff, TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES OF THE OUTSIDE AND INSIDE
2. Use the SIXT app to ask for any refunds and or dispute any erroneous charges. They are quick to respond and refund.
3. If you can afford it when overseas get the added mid tier rental insurance they offer.
4. If you can afford it get the "Fueling/Charging service", so you don't have to worry about charging it up before you drop it off. They will just charge you what ever the cost is to fill it back up to where it was when you picked it up. In my case only $15 (50% when I dropped it off but should have been at 80% SOC) was charged to me after I dropped of the car. So $15 for 22 kW a bit high but what ever.
5. Charging is super easy at super chargers in Germany. A lot of super chargers all over.
6. OH yes this was odd to me, but they charge you at a lot of rest stops to use the restroom. So make sure you bring some Euro coins with you when you stop at rest stops.
RXjoRTF.jpg

7. Do not take a SIXT/Hertz rental to Nurburgring. This is not allowed, and the rental companies can fine you, and if you crash that rental, you will be screwed big time. Check out RingFreaks (Race Car Rental Nurburgring - Flexible Online Booking for Tourist Drives) and you can rent one of their 6 speed BMW E90 325i. Here I am with my best friend co-piloting as we went through the carousel.
9tWGvvt.jpg

Overall, will rent again from SIXT as the car itself was great. Just need to make sure to cover yourself with lots of photos.
3Aif3ah.jpg

Lastly, wow Euro is amazing in an EV. Being able to go as fast as you want sometimes in the fast lane is awesome, but I honestly had no reason to go any faster than 140 kmph. I cant wait to visit again.
VZma13P.jpg
Very impressive! Takes some guts to go all in on European EV road trip, figuring out charging as you go. My spouse would not have been that enthusiastic :)

• Funny
Reactions: xAgyex
I used this Road Warrior Plus to protect my MS85 on my cross country road trip and I had to share this one, because it really did help me keep the front end from getting destroyed.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2xoS0TF

As a follow up to my previous post on Road Warrior Plus...I still believe this is just Elmer's glue repackaged hahaha but works great for me. Here are some shots of me taking it off, to help others...

L2HdEqt.jpg

yDx1liW.jpg

This picture is from a different time I used the product from the above 2 photos.
Xnm1fkk.jpg

Excuse me, I am looking for new front door upper hinge, but there are quite some items available...

6009549-00-D, 6009549-00-E and 6009549-00-F.

I need it for front driver's door on the left side. Steering is left oriented. Model is year 2015.
Do there parts fit on both doors (left and right) or how come there is no side models?

Excuse me, I am looking for new front door upper hinge, but there are quite some items available...

6009549-00-D, 6009549-00-E and 6009549-00-F.

I need it for front driver's door on the left side. Steering is left oriented. Model is year 2015.
Do there parts fit on both doors (left and right) or how come there is no side models?
Our guys can help. Give us a call or shoot us a note.