Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla P85D only 8500 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Unicorns:
real unicorn is the confluence of two or more line changes that popped out a few unique configurations that were very short lived, like the RWD P85+ cars with AP1.
extremely rare and sought after.
P85+ with the + suspension is an amazing car on its own.
But a few (some say about 300) were produced with AP1 before Tesla dropped the P85+ and replaced it with the P85D.
HLR

Thanks Hank.

Are you quoting me from somewhere? Looks like I'm talking about the P85+ there.

The P85D for sale in this thread does have the + suspension, but I personally don't think it qualifies for 'unicorn' status because so many were made between December 2014 and April 2015, even though it's an undocumented option. They're pretty easy to find for sale privately or through Tesla CPO. History shows about 114 have been for sale and 13 currently for sale right now.

OTOH, a P85+ with AP1 is much harder to find. History shows only 8 have been sold through CPO.

Seems like the P85D would be a vastly superior car with the incredible increase in performance over a regular P85. Realistically a 2014 performance car shouldn’t have a higher value because of limited production over one that has better performance but still in low numbers by automotive standards. Give it 30 years and it may or may not make a difference.

I’m fixing to pull the trigger on a 2014 P85D that now is a P90D with 74,000 miles for $60k. At some point the battery was changed to a 90 according to the dash and screen but badging says P85D. The mileage is a bit high but I’m on the fence. What do y’all think?