Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 85D - Fast charging rate at SuperCharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(obviously haven’t figured out replies yet. Sorry)

So I am not getting anywhere near 105-115. I’ll check on those louvers. CE22F117-D00F-4D51-90A1-1CCE59A2A80F.jpeg

You'll only get that high of a rate around 10-20% SOC. 39kW seems a bit low at 47%, but isn't too far off. If the pack isn't fully warmed up that will lower the rate you can handle, or presumably if it's too warm.

For reference here's a plot from yesterday as I was driving back home, after ~3 hours of interstate driving so the pack was all warmed up. Charged from 21-84%, at 47% it was going at 64kW. I asked the guy next to me what he was getting, he was around 50% too but charging at ~135kW in a 2018 S100D.

It sucks, but I don't know there's anything that can be done about it. It's a well known thing, just search for chargegate if you want to get more annoyed.

1658771903675.png

You'll only get that high of a rate around 10-20% SOC. 39kW seems a bit low at 47%, but isn't too far off. If the pack isn't fully warmed up that will lower the rate you can handle, or presumably if it's too warm.

For reference here's a plot from yesterday as I was driving back home, after ~3 hours of interstate driving so the pack was all warmed up. Charged from 21-84%, at 47% it was going at 64kW. I asked the guy next to me what he was getting, he was around 50% too but charging at ~135kW in a 2018 S100D.

It sucks, but I don't know there's anything that can be done about it. It's a well known thing, just search for chargegate if you want to get more annoyed.

View attachment 832619

Yep hot battery soc + kw rate = 110, warm batt it equals 100 and cold bat it equals 90. For example hot batt at 60% soc you’ll be getting approx 50 kw.

I still have hope that at some point they will give us back some charging speed but I’m sure they are doing this for a reason and I’m fine with it if it is protecting the battery.