Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S USB ports inop.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As stated in the title - both USB ports appear to be dead. The car is new to me, so not sure when it might have stopped. I saw a similar thread from a couple of years back, but that seemed related to the software at the time and things may have changed since then. There is also a 113-page thread on USB "bugs", but that's a lot to parse through (search is ineffective).

I have tried the scroll-wheel reset, is there anything else I might try that is not the internet-equivalent of "checking the blinker fluid"? 😂 Version is 10.2 (2021.24.25.1 etc etc)

Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: 6 Bits
Ayavner,
I have the exact same problem.
2015 Model S. Dec 2015 build date.
I bought it in Feb 2016.
I know the USB ports worked in the ‘past’.
I started using a 12v accy adapter for power to recharge my phone and very seldom used the USB.

My 2014 that I bought in 2020 had one dead port. Turned out to be the actual port itself - they have a built-in fuse for over-current protection. I was able to take the center console apart and put in a new port from eBay. It wasn’t simple.

The only other possibility is that the ports got unplugged during some service - the ends of the plugs are accessible under the pass-side inner console cover.

@Creeble - Thanks for the info. Quick question - when you had a dead port was the light that is built into the USB port still on? Strangely enough the light still works on both of mine which leads me to believe the ports are still plugged in properly.

I took a couple screen shots from a YouTube video that shows the lights from the ports off vs on to better illustrate what I;m talking about.

Thanks!

Untitled (3).jpg