Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S w/ Misaligned doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm nearing my 50K mile warranty and I'm debating whether to ask Tesla Service to fix my misaligned doors (see pictures). Has anyone else taken in their vehicle to have these misalignment doors repaired and were you satisfied with the results? My concern is that Tesla may just refuse to fix it because I've had the vehicle since April 2015.

Attachments

• pict-1.jpg
    pict-1.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 207
  • pict-2.jpg
    pict-2.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 183
  • pict-3.jpg
    pict-3.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 185
Don't look at the trim, look at the bottom to see if it is the doors that are misaligned.

If bottom of doors are lined up, then they can easily adjust the trim.

From your pics, it looks like it may be the trim. You should have gotten it done earlier, but this should not be a big deal.

Can't hurt to call the SC and ask. I called today to inquire about a pano shuddering when opening and was advised that they will fix anything that isn't a wear item like tires or suspect of damage or deliberate abuse and he mentioned door and window alignment as something that warranty would cover.

Anyone have an issue where the door panel comes off the door? My passenger side door requires a decent amount of force to close, much more than the other doors. The interior panel has come off the door. I pushed it back in, but after couple days same issue.

Also, I have already had this addressed by Tesla when my door one day opened up while driving. They replaced some clips I believe, and the entire handle assembly. But now I am having the same problem.

Just curious to see if anyone experienced the same so I can tell them what the problem is.

Anyone have an issue where the door panel comes off the door? My passenger side door requires a decent amount of force to close, much more than the other doors. The interior panel has come off the door. I pushed it back in, but after couple days same issue.

Also, I have already had this addressed by Tesla when my door one day opened up while driving. They replaced some clips I believe, and the entire handle assembly. But now I am having the same problem.

Just curious to see if anyone experienced the same so I can tell them what the problem is.

While I don't have the same problem as you, I found myself failing to fully close the driver's door a lot when I first purchased the car. Instead of slamming the door harder to overcome this, I found that if I follow through with the closing motion by continuing to push all the way to a closed door, it seems to close much more reliably.

It's the door alignment, and it's not a big deal to have service fix it. Ours on our 2016 75D the passenger door was exactly like this. I waited until our first service app to have it corrected. The tesla team allingend it up to a perfect level fit.
Honestly It bugged me every time I looked at it until it was fixed but really it wasn't a big deal at all to have tesla tweak it.

Has anyone had them work on the hood gaps?
My left side is almost 3/8" midway. I's only 1/8" at front of gap.

I'd think it should be easy to adjust except for pulling off the plastic liners.

I truly had misaligned driver's door and hatch and it had to go to a body shop to be fixed.