Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 P85D+ getting a new battery under warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
U will get a , "" Refurbished "" pack. I got one and asked. It will say on invoice it's a refurbished pack. No warranty past normal on it from start. Zero extension. They don't make 85 packs. They ship old one to Reno. Refurbish it. Send it out. Zero warranty.
mine is out of warranty, now they want 12k for refurbished pack with 4 yr warranty. They say my pack is bad again, installed Dec 2020. Month before warranty ran out. I'm going to 057 for second opinion.

Reshacker, how did u get 100kw??? My SC says they don't work in 85 car??? Would not sell me one, still won't replace a 85 with 100 pack. Period?
I would pay the same for New 100 pack. NEW. Not refurbished.
I bought it from one shop selling ev parts. Tesla is not willing to upgrade these non 100kWh vehicles to 100kWh from obvious reasons as weight change and necessary airbag deployment timing adjustement and so on. It also is not in COC. So even the vehicle is physicaly and electricaly compatible, it is not "legal" to do such upgrade. It's just on my own risk ;)

The 1014116-00-A used to be 85 kWh. But, the 1014116-00-C is 90 kWh.

The SMT data has been posted at TMC multiple times for 1014116-00-C. It shows ~87.5 kWh nominal capacity.
Ok, 85 or 90, it afterall is something in between and the most important fact is that it is actually a 100kWh pack w/o 2 modules...
So yes, a very good pack as a replacement for the old 85kWh one...

So it seems I won the lottery? No refurb or other things? Should I try to get the SC to open up the remaining 5kwh?
The battery will be most likely top-capped. It means it is limited by charging not to full which you should not do anyway, at least not on ordinary basis. And in this state you can charge to 100% without worry. Personaly I wouldn't pay for it...

Reactions: sorka
those 100 packs with 2 modules removed aren't they only 350v instead of 400v? Do they mod the computer to tell the motors to not draw as much power?

I don't know how many Watts the motors draw but basically lover voltage means more amps which can cause premature wear of other things including the motor. For an example at 40,000W on a 400v pack you're drawing 100 amps. but at 350v drawing the same amount of watts you're drawing 115 amps.

Reactions: rbuljo
If we could get a real HONEST, TRUTHFUL answer from Tesla tech it would be great. But the Service Centers are trained to lie,cheat and steal.
I had one of those experiences yesterday. It's a real shame Tesla is not service oriented at all. If u read a thousand post on here, no matter the subject, the SC are just not customer oriented. It's sad.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H