Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 P90D (range upgrade)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing to add on this. I’ve gone from 258 miles at 100% down to 250 since taking delivery in May and driving about 7,000 miles. Had a mobile ranger at the house today and he said there are so many factors that play in to that that it’s best to not worry about and just drive it.

If the car has 21’s your brakes are gonna sound like sh*t and there’s nothing you can do about it except changes wheels. I put 19’s on and the brakes stopped sounding so horrible.

One thing to add on this. I’ve gone from 258 miles at 100% down to 250 since taking delivery in May and driving about 7,000 miles. Had a mobile ranger at the house today and he said there are so many factors that play in to that that it’s best to not worry about and just drive it.

If the car has 21’s your brakes are gonna sound like sh*t and there’s nothing you can do about it except changes wheels. I put 19’s on and the brakes stopped sounding so horrible.
You're talking about the squeak during braking at very low speeds, right?

Congrats on the new Tesla!
You're going to love it!

I agree that you need to point out anything that isn't right at delivery and get them to put in writing that they will fix whatever they agree to fixing.
My car was in fantastic condition with the only problem I found bring the frunk liner didn't seem to fit well.
My local service center agreed to replace it under warranty, so it didn't matter that I didn't get it in writing. But better safe than sorry?

Thanks so much! I hope I have a similar experience to you and mine is also in fantastic condition :)

FWIW, my P90DL was manufactured October 2015 and the Monroney listed a $3000 "Range Upgrade" option as well.

Interesting. How did you get the Monroney BTW? I paid to get mine but I had to add in the options myself and some of them are very confusing and some are "discontinued" etc. I simply could not get to the $133,500 that the Tesla rep told me it originally sold for.

IMG_2315 j.jpg
Interesting. How did you get the Monroney BTW? I paid to get mine but I had to add in the options myself and some of them are very confusing and some are "discontinued" etc. I simply could not get to the $133,500 that the Tesla rep told me it originally sold for.
I bought it new from Tesla. Here's my Monroney, for reference. I can PM you a better scan if you'd like.

View attachment 445027
I bought it new from Tesla. Here's my Monroney, for reference. I can PM you a better scan if you'd like.

Oh wow, this is awesome, thanks. Its identical to my car except I didn't get air suspension. (I also have grey leather but the price is the same on that) I still can't get to exactly 133,500.

WAIT...Its the Pearl paint. Thats $1,500 compared to your metallic at $1,000.

And if I remove the delivery charge I just got to $133,500 exactly. You rock, thanks so much for this!

I read a bit on this and it is a known issue but seems like potentially just rust or something that can be resolved by braking hard for a bit. It sounds like the same noise I hear on my mtn bike disk brakes when they are wet or dirty and some hard braking gets rid of it :)

I have another quick question for you guys....I want to add the carbon fiber spoiler and actually emailed the guy handling my delivery in Fremont on Saturday to ask if they can install one for me for pickup. But is it worth paying the $1,500 or is there an aftermarket one that looks exactly the same and functions the same too? I want to ensure its the OEM looking one and don't want to be cheap or mess with aero, but $1,5k is def a lot.

It's pretty normal these days to get a 90kWh battery replacement for 85kWh cars. That's what they did to my car. Once the shop got the new battery installed, the car started showing up as a P90D in the Tesla app, and I had an extra 15 miles of range on a full charge. It's not a big deal, enjoy the car.

And if you had a P85DL that needed a new battery you will now always get a P90DL battery since the 1500 amp 85 battery was never manufactured, only upgraded on existing cars. For a short while, they upgraded new 1350 amp batteries to 1500 amp when needing to be replaced, but that was only for a short while in 2015.