Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Q1 Discussion thread for Delivery numbers, Earnings Report and Conference Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My scribbles (take with a grain of salt)

• Lots of reservations for energy products, production constrained
  • 10 kWh NCA like in the cars, 7 kWh NMC
  • Expect 5-10x powerpack sales over powerwall sales per MWh
  • Thinking about 50% extra or higher than the 15 GWh for stationary storage in Gigafactory
  • Entire Gigafactory could be for stationary storage, but cars will get priority
  • Fremont paintshop ready in Q3
  • Multiple lines in the Gigafactory, different chemistries possible (NCA/NMC)
  • Apple cars (sigh...) 5 times as much employees Apple->Tesla than other way round
  • Very little Model 3 CapEx, mostly engeneering time.
  • March 2016 Model 3 reveal aspiration, late 2017 production
  • Q4 free cash flow positive target ("looks extremely good")
  • Casting foundry and machining to support Fremont in Lantrop
  • 155M leasing/banking cash inflow
  • savings: Mostly lower labor hours per vehicle otherwise materials, outbound freight costs
  • Airfreight needed during port strike, several million dollars cost.
  • Configure Model X: July. Performance version

Last edited:
The strong demand for the Power/Energy side will allow for a lot more flexibility for the company. This just makes Tesla that much stronger as a company. Hopefully it doesn't slow the Model 3 production schedule but it does allow delays to be possible where they weren't really possible at all before.

The phrase was used only once. It seems we're finally past that bear argument.

Also, China went unmentioned.

That's because they aren't, don't you know... they finally stopped lying to us. Only their "new" product is production constrained... see! see! He said it right there!

But seriously, I think the only bear side to all of this was John Lovallo with his ZEV questions and Elon shut him up fast. This seems good to me since it should mean we are finally through our down period and it should be smooth sailing for the time being. Open up those sails and let the wind take us for a ride!

That's because they aren't, don't you know... they finally stopped lying to us. Only their "new" product is production constrained... see! see! He said it right there!

But seriously, I think the only bear side to all of this was John Lovallo with his ZEV questions and Elon shut him up fast. This seems good to me since it should mean we are finally through our down period and it should be smooth sailing for the time being. Open up those sails and let the wind take us for a ride!

With the close to utter disdain that EM has for Lovallo you have to wonder if the guy just can't bring himself to admit he has been and is wrong about TM/TSLA and move his estimate up......significantly.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. At least $240 probably more. Here come the analyst upgrades.

Good ER, great CC.....but let us not count our chickens before they hatch...and no poetry/haikus allowed......ever:biggrin:

Elon on Model X - "Performance is surreal...nothing to compare it to." Where's the Bingo Card for hyperbole....love it.
Yeah, i don't even know what he means by that... better than any SUV? OK, that was expected based on P85D. Better than P85D even? Do we even need that, I mean even those 700 horses are overkill. So maybe, just maybe we'll get a 100-105D for the X and it can do high speeds longer than 85?

just guessing here..

Yeah, i don't even know what he means by that... better than any SUV? OK, that was expected based on P85D. Better than P85D even? Do we even need that, I mean even those 700 horses are overkill. So maybe, just maybe we'll get a 100-105D for the X and it can do high speeds longer than 85?

just guessing here..

I believe that statement was qualified on it being an SUV, so yeah I think 'better than any SUV'. I actually think it will be VERY similar to Model S in overall handling and performance, but what feels surreal and incredible enough in a 2 tonne sedan will feel even more so in a 2.5 tonne SUV.

- - - Updated - - -

I am surprised that the after hours market volume is not heavier...'only' 1.1+ million shares at about 7pm...........

Me too, and not more volatile. Sure, the AH high was $342.90, but the vast majority of trades were between $335 and $337