Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 seats

Which Seats are your FAV.?

• Next Gen

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Nappa Leather

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Textile

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From reading and researching I see that the Next Gen Seats are more comfortable than nappa leather or textile. I'm 5'10 150lbs. Skinny guy, but I wanted to see everyone's opinion. It's so hard to try seats as we can't sit on any of the used cars :(

From reading and researching I see that the Next Gen Seats are more comfortable than nappa leather or textile. I'm 5'10 150lbs. Skinny guy, but I wanted to see everyone's opinion. It's so hard to try seats as we can't sit on any of the used cars :(

Just got my 2015 S85 with next gen seats last Friday. Definitely better than my friend's textile seats / older seats. Worth in IMHO.

Here is a detailed explanation of the various generations:

Watch Tesla Model S Seats Evolve Over Time

I have the gen 3 napa ventilated on my 2016 P100D and I love them! Supposedly designed by Recaro, and I absolutely believe it. They really hug you. Very supportive. I drove my car from Chicago to Houston and never felt uncomfortable. I'm 6'2" at 180, fit build.

There's really no comparison here. Next gen seats are so much better and offer so much more support.

They have also made incremental changes over the years and months and the seats in recently made cars are exceptional. Tesla has really made huge improvements in seating in comfort. If I were buying a used Tesla, I would not consider any vehicles without the Next Gen seats.

The Next Gen. Seats are comfortable enough for me. However, my Premium seats are much more comfortable for me and my wife also feels the same she likes her Next Gen. Seats but likes my Premium seats much more. (They would be much more comfortable with a massage function, Im still waiting for them Tesla)

I just had a brand new model s loaner today while my annual service is done on my 2016 P100D with premium napa and ventilated seats. I will say, the new gen 4 seats are much softer. However, I hate the feel of the vegan "leather". I like the hugging performance feel of my seats. On a side note, I wish I had ECM 2. It is MUCH snappier and internet speeds are way faster.