Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S 70d for sale- $78K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling my 2016 model S 70 D with 5000 miles on it. It is white with tan leather and glossy obeche wood. The car is in absolutely perfect condition in every way. It is equipped with the cold weather package, the sunroof, the 19 inch turbine wheels, the next generation leather seats and center console. I have only had it for a few months, and it pains me to see it go, but finances force me to get rid of it. Sadly, the kids and wife come first, and it's not fair to burden them with my toy. :) When I get my finances back in order, I'll be back for another. The car really is amazing.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hello,

Can you post pics and the original sticker here? Also, where are you located?

Thanks
Located in New York outside of NYC.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    627.4 KB · Views: 53
no, not really. base 70D starts at $76.5k unless you are counting tax credit also...

I do agree that price is bit high compare to a new one.

Yes, you are, and yes, you should take the tax credit into account.
I'm sorry that you need to part with it, however since someone could by that car (with the refreshed nose cone) for less when you consider the tax credit, you may want to reconsider your asking price.

Reactions: newtman
Guys, if we don't like the price, we should keep it to ourselves. Come up before, but it's not polite and Moderators have commented on it before:
General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

"Mod Note: A number of posts were removed from this thread. For sale threads are not the place for debates about price or discussions about pricing formulas. Please respect the sellers and keep discussion on topic and between interested parties."

@bkp_duke At the risk of hijacking this poor seller's thread, as I buyer I find it very useful to hear the opinions about the price from the very experienced and knowledgeable forum members.

Likewise, I don't want to derail this, but I do want to make my reason for posting clear.

When a used car is being sold for more than a new car would (when considering the tax rebate) I see it as only fair to warn both the seller and potential buyers of that fact.

It may not have occurred to the seller, as the rebate isn't instant. Pricing the car appropriately will help them sell their car.
The unwary buyer may feel cheated if they discover this after the fact. This could impact negatively the reputation of this forum.
If they are aware of the pricing discrepancy ahead of the purchase, no such result happens.

There are valid reasons for buying at a higher price than new.
Someone may view the car as a possible collectors item (Founders or Sig for example).
They want the car now, and can get it much quicker this way.
Etc..

I'm done, I just wanted to explain I wasn't piling on and the OP is welcome to price the car however he wants. I just wanted him to be aware he was charging more than a new car would cost.

Then ask the mods to change the policy.

As someone who used to run a forum, commenting on pricing tends to run sellers off, and that I am sure is what the mods are wanting to avoid (i.e. a "hostile" selling place). There is a fine line between constructive feedback and some users just bashing the price hoping to get a better deal from the OP.

If a price is "too high" then just let the market forces take over. The OP will not get any takers, and eventually lower his/her price or retract the sale. I view this as the better option than hijacking the thread and everyone commenting on price.