Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S 75 Should I Buy???

Should I buy this Model S?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am buying my first Tesla and I found a 2016 Model S 75 with 80K miles on it from Tesla's used site. 1 owner, no accidents, lease return. It is full loaded with 21 rims, Ultra High Fidelity Sound system, Smart Air Suspension, HEPA Air filter, Pano roof,red brake calipers and almost every other option you can think of except the folding third row seats. I have put a deposit on it and it is in route but I can still back out of the deal and wait for something better. The sell price is $40,900. The car looks flawless but I am not happy about the high miles. I can't afford much more then $42,000 so for me this was a great deal. What do you guys think? Buy it or keep looking? Below are some pictures from Tesla's site of the car. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS no FSD it's a May of 2016 car.

75-3.jpg
75-1.jpg
75-2.jpg

That seems on the really high side mileage wise and you’ll only have about 20k miles for warranty. Tesla’s used verbiage says. 2 years or max 100k on odo. I’ve had my CPO for about a month and already out 3k on it. For some reason it gets driven more. ‍♀️

Do you do a lot of driving?

If you want some real life experience with a high mileage 2016 RWD 75, I’m at 84,000 miles. No extended warranty.

I had a few of the normal things replaced under warranty, headlight assembly for blown DRL, MCU for yellow band.

Out of warranty repair costs so far: $0. Car has never left me stranded, 100% reliable.

I would ask what the car charges to at 100%, mine is down to 222 miles, about 11% degradation.

That seems on the really high side mileage wise and you’ll only have about 20k miles for warranty. Tesla’s used verbiage says. 2 years or max 100k on odo. I’ve had my CPO for about a month and already out 3k on it. For some reason it gets driven more. ‍♀️

Do you do a lot of driving?

I drive about 12K per year so yes the warranty will be up in less then 2 years but the battery and motor warranty are good for 4 more years and unlimited miles. I think a high millage car in a short period of time is not a scary to me as a 5-6 year old car with that many miles. Another strange thing on the car is they never got CA Carpool lane stickers so I can apply for new ones that will last 3 years. Hard to believe someone drove all those miles and never had the Carpool lane stickers???

If you want some real life experience with a high mileage 2016 RWD 75, I’m at 84,000 miles. No extended warranty.

I had a few of the normal things replaced under warranty, headlight assembly for blown DRL, MCU for yellow band.

Out of warranty repair costs so far: $0. Car has never left me stranded, 100% reliable.

I would ask what the car charges to at 100%, mine is down to 222 miles, about 11% degradation.

Great advise! I will see if I can get that info before I sign all the paperwork but the battery is under warranty for 4 more years and unlimited miles so I would be happy if they had to replace it.

Can you tell me if you 75 got a speed bump under one of the updates. I hear only the 75Ds did but some people say the 75s are faster then 5.5 0-60 after an update a while back. I can't confirm it though and I am surprised that car is that slow.

In LA the 21" rims won't be an issue for snow for you, unless you do want to ski. I see lots of people talking about 100k,200k on their cars without any issues besides the normal desegregation. I looks like a nice car, if your happy then you will be happy. Get the delivery checklist floating around this site, and do your do best to check it off. My one concern would be is that enough range for you? I went a 90D for the extra range over the 75D. 2 trips over 1500 miles so far, and in September West to East coast trip, and back! Welcome to the family.

Can you tell me if you 75 got a speed bump under one of the updates. I hear only the 75Ds did but some people say the 75s are faster then 5.5 0-60 after an update a while back. I can't confirm it though and I am surprised that car is that slow.

No RWD was ever “uncorked” after it left the factory, so it’s indeed 5.5 seconds. :(

Bit of a bummer as I would have optioned my car differently in hindsight, but that’s life with a Tesla.

Reactions: OTARon
No RWD was ever “uncorked” after it left the factory, so it’s indeed 5.5 seconds. :(

Bit of a bummer as I would have optioned my car differently in hindsight, but that’s life with a Tesla.

That is really too bad. I was hoping for some the stats were wrong. The battery and motor are capable of more, I am sure it is a software lock of some kind. I would even pay 2-3K to "uncork" it.

In LA the 21" rims won't be an issue for snow for you, unless you do want to ski. I see lots of people talking about 100k,200k on their cars without any issues besides the normal desegregation. I looks like a nice car, if your happy then you will be happy. Get the delivery checklist floating around this site, and do your do best to check it off. My one concern would be is that enough range for you? I went a 90D for the extra range over the 75D. 2 trips over 1500 miles so far, and in September West to East coast trip, and back! Welcome to the family.

Good idea on the checklist. I will get that and go over the entire car. I only drive about 45 miles a day and don't ski so the range and 21" rims will not be an issue. Thanks for the good info.