Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a different shape nosecone to me:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 10.11.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 10.11.56 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 519
I'm no expert, but I think that's just what the S looks like with the nosecone removed (presumably for shipment) and then covered with plastic wrap.

tesla-nose-cone-tow-hook.jpg
Not sure if they have ever shipped without nose cones. Can't see any reason why they would.

I still think the area below the front of the hood in the OP's picture looks sunken and would still not look like that with the nose cone removed and taped.

I know they would. They have done it before with features, most recently with the center console. My DS told me that any cars ordered starting last week will be coming with the refresh front and additional features.

A "free" center console being included is one thing... a different looking exterior of the car is another. I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: halg
That is just the protective covering. You can see the covering on the red one in the back. The one in front is white, so the white protective covering makes the nosecone look different. It's just an interesting coincidence.

Tesla isn't going to change the Model S for at least another month. Tesla has to let this Model 3 wave run its course before they announce any changes.

That is just the protective covering. You can see the covering on the red one in the back. The one in front is white, so the white protective covering makes the nosecone look different. It's just an interesting coincidence.

Tesla isn't going to change the Model S for at least another month. Tesla has to let this Model 3 wave run its course before they announce any changes.

The shape is different. We all know it is a protective covering but look at the shape under the covering. It's not rounded.

But why? And why would would they wrap over it?

Again, I'm not an expert, but it seems like most cars that are shipped overseas use a tow eye to get strapped down on the boat. The shrink wrap would protect the electronics (such as the battery terminals and sonar sensor connectors) that become exposed as they travel across the salt water.

you know what you should do? take your camera, go back to the factory and snap more picture :)

I would be very surprised to see they changed the front, I'm going to order a model s next week, don't like this surprise, especially it looks like model X front, not a fan of model X front AT ALL.

I don't think it's a wise idea for them to change the front quietly, center console is one thing, a new front is completely different.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I don't think Tesla would change the looks of the Model S and then say "surprise!" when it shows up for your delivery.
Tesla has shipped unannounced changes many times in the past.

The front end of the cars in the OP's photo look like the nose shape is different to me, even allowing for the wrap.

I have seen a number of Tesla transporters with Model S on them. The cars are typically wrapped and the nose cones are in place.

I think it is inevitable that the S front end will be changed to look more like the X and the 3. Looks like it might have already happened. If so, we will know for sure very soon.