Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know I love that Tesla is constantly making upgrades, and of course they couldn't allow cancellations on the minor things they are upgrading. But when an upgrade is large enough to warrant a press release and you are physically changing the appearance of a vehicle, then Tesla should allow someone to re-order. To spring a change on a customer and have that change go into effect prior to that customer even receiving the now outdated car is not great business. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what would warrant a prior notification. If you know the customer is going to be pi@@ed off when they pick up the car because its already significantly outdated before they sign their paperwork on delivery day, that probably qualifies. I imagine that's why they started adding the AP hardware well before that announcement.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tanquen
Unclear as to your meaning. You asked if the employee was sure they didn't have any new colors in the back to be put out at the end of the night and "He said 'no'". What you wrote means that he wasn't sure. Or do you mean that he meant, "no, we don't have any new colors in the back?"

They have the colors on the wall. I asked if they had new colors they were going to be displaying for the next day. That was the rumor on this site, refresh, including new colors last Sunday.

I don't see any updates on Mytesla yet, so it's going to be interesting. I'm going with a lease this time around, so if the timing doesn't work out right, I still have the 90 day option to return, so I'm not too concerned. If the photo way up in the first post is actually the facelift, then I think it'll work out fine.
Does this 90 day guarantee still apply? The policy was written 10/25/14.

I feel like they are going to have to combine price hike
Does this 90 day guarantee still apply? The policy was written 10/25/14.

Yes, to the best of my knowledge it still exists. Do note it isn't a free use for 90 days. It is basically turn the car back in with no refund of any money spent (up front costs, payments, taxes) but also no additional costs and no questions asked.