Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thanks. So it's a 70D, and i'm ~80% sure that's the premium version with the HEPA filters (it looks like a dark headliner to me, which would require Premium.) That would make sense - most likely the reason for the smaller Frunk on the X is the space for that massive filter, and they've probably taken a little more out of the S Frunk for the same purpose.

I actually like the idea of the larger Frunk, probably even more than the HEPA filter (though that would have been really nice.) I'm still waiting to hear back about CPO cars - something is supposed to break soon. :)

I'd just like to point out that the Tesla Updates Blog still hasn't acknowledged the refresh. I'm highly suspicious that, as others have suggested, more changes are coming shortly and they're waiting to comment on everything all at once.

That's a good point. I have a car ready for production but won't be happy with myself if I miss out on an extra bit of battery capacity for the sake of a few weeks. I pushed it out for the refresh, but might be worth waiting for a tad more range. It will happen, probably sooner than later, just a matter of when.

I'd just like to point out that the Tesla Updates Blog still hasn't acknowledged the refresh. I'm highly suspicious that, as others have suggested, more changes are coming shortly and they're waiting to comment on everything all at once.

Not sure i agree in this case. They put it on the front page, very visible. And visible changes. No need to make an update blog about it.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Here's a picture with a front license mount on this site. Not sure if it's factory or SC installed. Would like to be able to install a plate without drilling though.

Facelift Model S has the following new features - Tesla Models | Tesla Motors | Tesla Model S | Tesla Model X | Tesla Model 3

View attachment 172634

I was at the factory last week and all the new refresh cars had front plate holders (body color). European rectangular version is black...

Hope we can request delivery without....

I was at the factory last week and all the new refresh cars had front plate holders (body color). European rectangular version is black...

Hope we can request delivery without....

Marty, I was told by a Tesla employee that asked the VP of sales, why that plate bracket was built in the all the models but wasn't shown on any of the stock pictures because he thought people would't like it. He was told that the crash test ratings were performed with it on and so that is what they have to ship. I'm guessing if there is enough outcry, Tesla will do another set without it and make it an option. Hopefully anyway.

And 195 out of 196 countries that do.

It doesn't seem like its matter of Tesla 'putting it on everybody's cars during assembly, because some or most people will need them'..... since Model X does not ship with the front plate holder installed.

red-x-photo-jpg.172782