Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Unlimited Supercharging Removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a 2016 Model S P90D with the impression that Unlimited Free Supercharging came with the life of this car. I just took ownership of the car and got the car transferred to my app. The car now shows that the supercharging is Pay Per Use. When I called Tesla, they said that the transferable offer was not for all cars and they can't give me any additional information beyond my time of ownership. Has anyone experience this? How can I get this resolve if any?

That was your mistake, you sent them the sales agreement. I held off until the car was registered in my name and only sent them that

Not entirely true, at least not for me. I bought my 2015 P85D recently from an out-of-state brand-name dealer and registered on the app instantly with only the bill of sale and my driver's license. I added the car to the app after it was delivered to me about a week after the payment check cleared so the registration documents were most likely not even in my state let alone to be found in any system. I didn't care about FUSC but it was a nice surprise that my car had it when it showed up in the app.

@eazy.peezy if free supercharging was that important to you, you should have done your due diligence in checking it prior to sale and even gone as far as putting that requirement in the sales contract. How soon ago did you buy the car? Maybe you can take it back depending on your state laws. Otherwise, enjoy it and just pay like everyone else.

Unlike everyone who is concerned with FUSC, I'm more concerned about losing plus suspension when I upgrade... if I upgrade.

Upvote 0