Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 P90D Model X Lease Up in 6 months. What to expect?

What do you think I should do?

• I still feel a voracious need to comment on your personal choices.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G

GloverCom

I've got a loaded 2016 Blue P90D (15K Miles on it, see attachment) and my lease is up in 6 months.

Love the car, but in 3 years I've managed to scrape up the rims a bit and the roof-window behind the drive's seat had a crack in the window (Damn Giant Hickory nut trees in Birmingham, Alabama!). Tesla will fix it for $1000, of which my insurance wants a $500 deductible.

Since it's Auto Pilot 1.0, I have every intention of looking at existing inventory of gently used MX's with AP2.5 to replace it when my lease it up.

I ask that you suppress your voracious need to comment on my immutable personal choices, rather I'd love to hear you thoughts or experiences on returning a lease with the cracked window, scraped up rims, and a few dings on the hood.
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 7.22.27 PM.png

Personally, I would fix the cracked window. Much of the other stuff may be considered normal,wear and tear. I had some scraped wheels, and dings in the frunk (no dents). The Inspector listed all of the wear damage, but I ended up with nothing due on my S, over 40,000 miles.

Good luck finding gently used AP2.5’s - it’s why I ended up in a 2016 p90D.
Apparently there are a few people like yourselves out there (eg low mileage) - mine had 16k. I have no idea how you drive that little in 3 years