Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 P90D or 2017 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For $88k would you guys buy a 2016 P90D with high miles, around 33k miles, or for $85k buy a 2017 75D with low miles, around 10k miles? I’ve heard that the 2016 models have glitches particularly with the falcon doors but not sure what else. I’ve learned to generally avoid the first year models as they are fixing the bugs. Yes the 75D isn’t as fast but I think that they tweaked the 2017 to be faster. The 2017 75D 0-60 is now 4.7 seconds.

Is the 4 year 50k extended warranty on top of the 4 year 50k that they already give you?
How much is it? Can it be purchased if not from a Tesla seller? Some of these used MX are at non Tesla dealers or private sellers.

Tesla is only showing one used 2016 MX 90D on their website.

Last edited:
Yes
On top of original
We have not bought yet for our 2017 100d x
But I was told could buy from Tesla as long as original warentee still in force
5k is cost
Our car had been very reliable so far
Will make decision when 3 1/2 years old whether to spend 5k more

Does high miles an electric car matter as much as traditional cars because there’s no engine? Because there’s still the battery pack that’s used with higher miles right?

Not really but other parts do wear. I think all 75D model X can be uncorked but I’m not 100% on that tesla can tell you for sure.

I’d get the 2017, the 2016 models had a lot of fit and finish issues. The FWD also reportedly open and close much faster and smoother on the newer models

Reactions: P85_DA
Not really but other parts do wear. I think all 75D model X can be uncorked but I’m not 100% on that tesla can tell you for sure.

I’d get the 2017, the 2016 models had a lot of fit and finish issues. The FWD also reportedly open and close much faster and smoother on the newer models

All AP2 Model S/X can be uncorked. I had one of the first ones. Has to be 75D or 60D upgraded to 75D.

I have heard of some AP1 MX uncorked but not sure if that is universal?