Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 S90D Computer OFF!!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All
I have a 2016 Tesla 90S (post refresh) and I have a very strange problem with the Computer..randomly and most likely when the car isn't driven for a few days..My car COMPLETLY turns off....meaning all the displays are off and nothing on either dashboard or Multimedia display..after I get in the car " fans come on and it is drivable(assume drivable because will move but i haven't driven it out of the driveway ) The Computer and display do NOT come back on automatically..I have tried the 2 button reboot and today that didn't work ..I had to plug in my charger then the computer rebooted and started up. I tried to reboot and wait for 10-15 minutes

This has happened now 3 times and I have no idea what is wrong or what I have done to get it started

Does anybody have any ideas before calling Tesla?

Thanks in advance (PLEASE NO SARCASM)

I think the display would at least illuminate slowly and maybe incorrectly with a bad EMMC, but at least come on. If you had to plug in the connector to have anything work, maybe the 12V battery is going bad. On my car it will drive fine while the car is rebooting and the screens are off. Even turn signals work but don't make the turn signal tic-tock. When did you last replace your 12V battery?

I think the display would at least illuminate slowly and maybe incorrectly with a bad EMMC, but at least come on. If you had to plug in the connector to have anything work, maybe the 12V battery is going bad. On my car it will drive fine while the car is rebooting and the screens are off. Even turn signals work but don't make the turn signal tic-tock. When did you last replace your 12V battery?
I have purchased the Car used and is just over 60K miles and I have not replaced the 12v Battery..Thanks for the Help..I will look at that

It may be related to a failing Emmc. If you search that term, you will find lots of threads.

It may be related to a failing Emmc. If you search that term, you will find lots of threads.
Nosken ..thank you for the reply I will look at that as well "failing Emmc:"