TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2016 X90D inv for $945/month (3yr/10k/$6k down)

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by hmmm, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. hmmm

hmmm Member

2. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

So you are in Florida and you did a search on the Tesla website for cars in Hawaii. and you want a referral for that?o_O

3. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

What's the cash price

4. hmmm

hmmm Member

Relax. I found my current (unlisted on tesla.com) inv car thanks to a similar thread on TMC and am simply returning the favor in case this is a match for someone on here. I gladly gave my referral to the person who started the thread that led me to my car because I felt like this was the right thing to do, but I respect that others/you may have a different perspective.

As for your other assumptions, they couldn't be more inaccurate:

- No, that car is not publicly listed in the tesla site or at least wasn't when I posted the link.
    - No, there is/was no location mentioned, so I was not looking for an HI car to begin with. I was looking at cars with a large discount and "leasable" as the mechanics of a lease are such that this significantly decreases lease payments. Then someone pointed out on a different thread that the shipping fee for that particular car was an above average $5k, so playing with the shipping cost estimator, I figured out that the car was in HI and posted it here as it seemed more relevant since the shipping cost makes the deal a lot less appealing for buyers in other states.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than make assumptions and jump to conclusions but hey, that's just me.

5. hmmm

hmmm Member

You would need to get that from Tesla directly as I don't have all the variables.

6. outie

outie Active Member

It's on the page - $95,300 before transportation.

7. hmmm

hmmm Member

Never mind, I thought @gaswalla was asking for the end of lease purchase price....

8. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Any idea why the lease on this one is so low compared with other Xs of comparable cash price?

9. hmmm

hmmm Member

It's due to the discount off MSRP.... residual is calculated off of MSRP but lease payments are based off of discounted sale price...so the residual is higher which brings payments down. That's why I was looking at heavily discounted cars to begin with.

In fact, once someone explained this to me on TMC back in Q3, I was the one who asked Hank @ ev-cop.com to add this column to his site as currently Tesla "exposes" the discount amounts in the template of each car listing on tesla.com.

10. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

They also have a red P100D fully loaded (except child seats) with AP1 with a $20k discount and a rare black MX60D with AP2.