Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016's getting pushed back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bummer Art but maybe Ed will give you a ride (or a hug)! Photos!!!!!

What's your delivery window? I wonder if ours will arrive at same time to Decatur. My window runs Feb 27th - Mar 12. I think the wait during in-transit is harder than the wait in queue and production because you at least know where the car is -- but 16 days since my car finished production seems like such a long time for it to get to Georgia.

What's your delivery window? I wonder if ours will arrive at same time to Decatur. My window runs Feb 27th - Mar 12. I think the wait during in-transit is harder than the wait in queue and production because you at least know where the car is -- but 16 days since my car finished production seems like such a long time for it to get to Georgia.
My delivery window is February 23 to March 3 and I think EDinCT was the same give or take one day.

agree that we are blind during transport. It would be cool if there were gps tracking turned on during that phase.

Z: I was told on or about March 11. I am hoping that the train arrived in Chicago 2 or 3 days ago & should be on its way via truck to ATL. I agree that this time frame seems tougher than the previous--especially since the info from Fremont or shipping companies is ZERO. I ordered a Front Console on Jan 18 & no one knows if it has shipped or not. I am going to cancel the console order & see what happens.

My delivery window is February 23 to March 3 and I think EDinCT was the same give or take one day.

agree that we are blind during transport. It would be cool if there were gps tracking turned on during that phase.
My delivery window is February 25, 2016 - March 3, 2016, although my DS keeps reminding me that is "unofficial" (just on the My Tesla page) and the real window is late Feb to early March. I emailed him after Art saw my car and he hasn't responded.

Attached pictures courtesy of Art!

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

I suddenly feel the blood rushing out of my head & into...

Congrats, get a good night's sleep & keep an eye on Art's! Man, that's a lot of cars on the lot. Any heading to Atlanta? :) That's a shame your DS has not stepped up; seems to be fairly typical. Anyway--it's a beauty!

WAKE UP!!!! Time to go get your car!!!!!!!!!

Got an update late last night on mine. Said they expect it to arrive in Decatur sometime this weekend. I'll have to drive by and see what's happening. I'll keep an eye out for yours too, just in case! I asked if they could provide a current location of the car, as some owners have gotten a GPS-like update on where their car is, but he just sidestepped around that and gave the latest delivery window update. Not sure if they can (or will) still provide a specific pinpoint location anymore like you can find in threads like this from prior years.

Got an update late last night on mine. Said they expect it to arrive in Decatur sometime this weekend. I'll have to drive by and see what's happening. I'll keep an eye out for yours too, just in case! I asked if they could provide a current location of the car, as some owners have gotten a GPS-like update on where their car is, but he just sidestepped around that and gave the latest delivery window update. Not sure if they can (or will) still provide a specific pinpoint location anymore like you can find in threads like this from prior years.

Z: did you talk to someone or get an e-mail? It seems like the cars being shipped by rail and/or truck have no tracking unless the truck company shares their tracking info which is unlikely. My updates were last night as well but not as encouraging as yours. Hopes are up but expectations are down...I will PM you later this morning with details. Thanks for your help!

Got the call today! My Tesla is ready for delivery on Monday, but work schedules prohibit me from picking up the car until Tuesday. My details:
12/22/15: ordered
12/24/15: confirmed, VIN assigned
2/3/16: production started
2/16/16: production ended
2/24/16: received by Milford Service Center:
2/28/16: available for pickup
3/1/16: delivered

My original delivery window was "late February -- early March" which narrowed to "February 25, 2016 - March 3, 2016" after it got out of production. Pretty accurate.

Special thanks to #artinct for the regular updates and custom arrival photos!

Z: did you talk to someone or get an e-mail? It seems like the cars being shipped by rail and/or truck have no tracking unless the truck company shares their tracking info which is unlikely. My updates were last night as well but not as encouraging as yours. Hopes are up but expectations are down...I will PM you later this morning with details. Thanks for your help!

Email.. I did talk with the my substitute DES last week though (primary DES is quite ill apparently).

Just got off the phone with one of my DS's. My car is still on a train, located somewhere in Missouri so any hope of earlier delivery ain't gonna happen. ZTODD: no point in poking around looking for something that's not there...:crying: Enjoy your baby & give us updates!

Just got off the phone with one of my DS's. My car is still on a train, located somewhere in Missouri so any hope of earlier delivery ain't gonna happen. ZTODD: no point in poking around looking for something that's not there...:crying: Enjoy your baby & give us updates!

Sorry to hear it's not there yet! I just got a call from Tesla that my car is now at the Decatur service center and is going through the inspection. Should have delivery early next week. The hold-up is now that they haven't gotten the final appraisal value on my trade. Also, I should note that the My Tesla page still shows as "in transit" from the factory.