Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.28 c528869

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is definitely way better, very smooth. This could be the smooth as silk from Elon's tweet. However, it still cannot read adjacent lanes.
I spoke too soon, i was going 78 and it slammed on the break at an under pass while this dude tailgate me. The emergency collision warning was flashing red on my screen and alarming. I slammed on my acceration paddle to pick up speed. I almost got rear ended at high speed. It was freaking scary

I've driven a few hours behind the wheel with this new update. It's not perfect of course, but this is definitely as close as I've ever gotten to the silky silk.

I have another video with local driving, but due to relatively poor quality, I won't post that link here. You can find the video on the same YouTube channel in case you still want to check it out.

• Informative
Reactions: Turing and EinSV
I just received this version this morning (only tested ~40 miles so far).
Highway AP seems same or slightly better.
Local roads that are twisty and not well-marked are more jittery than before. I definitely don't trust this version on non-well-marked roads.

Otherwise, on well-marked roads/highways it seems pretty good.
TACC is still quite good

Having read through other folks' posts, it's remarkable how YMMV.

My experience has been based on a HW2 X75D loaner. I had been using 17.26.92 for a couple of days prior to the update, and with 17.26.92 I was unable to use AP at all- the car consistently hugged, and sometimes went over and even across, the left lane marker. It was so bad that I was wondering perhaps whether the camera angles needed to be adjusted. But, like magic, with the recent update, the X I'm driving is at least on par with AP1. It may even be better, but I would need more time behind the wheel with it.

I'll be picking my 90D up from the service center this PM, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it'll do.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gwgan
17.26 literally became unusable for me as well, like dangerous bad. Then 3 days ago I got updates to the 2017.28 which did solve a TON of issues with freeway driving but then just today it started slamming on the brakes with absolutely nobody in front of me at high speeds with people behind me. 2 steps forward 1.5 back it seems....

I guess we have to be patient but I am sure upset I gave an extra penny for fsd, I should have bought the stock with that money instead.

Curious observation #1, still on 17.26.17. Screen functions are starting to slow down, if it were my computer I would clear its cache. About 95% of my highway miles, about 1500k per month, are on AP1. This slow down for the main pad is new. Is it collecting more data now to upload to the mothership?
Curious observation #2: efficiency improvement is confirmed, had a long trip from socal to fresno and observed lower wh/mi at nearly every section of trip in both directions. Weather was warm which may have confounded findings, since battery would be warmer-- but then AC running more too...

So I got one. The release notes concentrate on AP1 only.
On AP1 without autopilot enabled they turn on autohighbeams.
Also AP1 X 60D gets battery estimation updated.
AP2 release note shows this:
IMG_3497.JPG
old |v8.1(17.26.76)| AP2 |
new |v8.1(17.28 c528869)| AP2 |

they just don't want to overwhelm people with info that's not applicable to them.
So there's a bunch of filters and if none of them apply to you, you just the see "we keep improving" message.
Filters work on both geographical, car hardware and car unlocked features.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias