Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.34 2448cfc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Today I received firmware 2017.34 2448cfc on my Model S AP2 car. Nothing new in the release notes other than the usual "minor fixes and improvements" note. Autopilot on the local roads in my area was a little smoother. There was less of a tendency for the car to jerk over when the left hand lane line curved away do to a break in the median. Slowing down do to traffic was better than before. The car slowed down at more natural rate whereas before it would start slowing down too early and too fast. Interstate driving hasn't really changed. My previous version of AP was 2017.32.6 ca28227. One thing I did have to do after the update was re-enter a name for my car. The update blanked out the name I had in there.

One thing I was curious about was that a lot of AP 2.0 Tesla owners seem to think that speed limit and stop sign recognition are AP features that have yet to be implemented. From what I have read about AP on Tesla's site is that those features are part of the full self driving package, not Enhanced Auto Pilot. The descriptions for these add-ons seem to change so who knows?

Thanks for posting. I was wondering about this update. I am not getting my car for a few more weeks. I am interested in your second part. When you say on the web site do you mean this page? Autopilot

After watching a lot of videos it would be nice if EAP included stopping at Red Lights and Stop Signs for Safety since it can be used on normal streets. I.E. When it says "When you reach your exit, your Tesla will depart the freeway, slow down and transition control back to you", it would be nice if it would come to a stop at the bottom of the off ramp if a red light. Then Full Safe Driving would be able to follow your GPS both on and off the freeway etc.

On-ramp to Off-ramp
Once on the freeway, your Tesla will determine which lane you need to be in and when. In addition to ensuring you reach your intended exit, Autopilot will watch for opportunities to move to a faster lane when you're caught behind slower traffic. When you reach your exit, your Tesla will depart the freeway, slow down and transition control back to you.

Believe it or not, that one line (minor changes and enhancements) is an improvement over the previous state, which was merely a re-display of some previous version's release notes.

Why an improvement? Because by being advised that nothing notable changed, drivers don't have to wonder what changed and to find out by surprise while driving.

That said, it is always a good idea to review settings in the various config screens before and after applying a patch. Often something has been turned off or an offset removed.

Seems like the software keep improving. The road on which I live has several hills and the car always lost track of the road and veered right even though the road was straight. This version installed this early Sept and suddenly this week my car has not veered on the hills.