Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine today, and I’ll torture AP tomorrow on my course & post videos & conclusions.

I noticed something new tonight AFAIK. I was driving on an arterial a little above the speed limit, and I noticed that the street name on the Map display was flashing. I slowed down to below the posted speed, and it appeared that the flashing stopped. Resumed original speed, street name started flashing again. I’ll check this tomorrow.

I have not received mine yet. If I do not get it by Christmas day, do I have to worry about problems with my push service? The car is sitting in my garage with no wifi but with a very stable 90 mbits/sec LTE.

Thank you and happy holidays to everyone, wherever you may be.

I have not received mine yet. If I do not get it by Christmas day, do I have to worry about problems with my push service? The car is sitting in my garage with no wifi but with a very stable 90 mbits/sec LTE.

No you don't have to worry about your push service. The updates push faster if you're connected to WIFI. It could take a while before you receive an update via LTE.

I’ve got snow coming, so I’m going to be wrangling snow tires today instead of playing with the new firmware.

Another observation: I see more displays of the acoustic sensor activity around the vehicle when driving. This is a very good thing, and hopefully is a step toward FSD. I was disappointed with .42 that the only sensor reports were from the rear sensors, even when passing a vehicle in an adjacent lane. .44 displayed significantly more data from the front sensors, and 50.2 was even more active in displaying real-time sensor data and color/range variations while driving home late last night.

Got mine today, and I’ll torture AP tomorrow on my course & post videos & conclusions.

I noticed something new tonight AFAIK. I was driving on an arterial a little above the speed limit, and I noticed that the street name on the Map display was flashing. I slowed down to below the posted speed, and it appeared that the flashing stopped. Resumed original speed, street name started flashing again. I’ll check this tomorrow.

I saw this again today on another arterial.

AP1 took the right lane for the first time when approaching a hill where the single lane stays straight and a second lane opens to the right to allow passing. Manual steering needed to smoothly return to the single lane as the right lane ended but some road marks were obscured by snow. (Driving right to left in the photo)

0D03B3EF-27E8-4C00-B975-B8CA6A4F45CD.jpeg