Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.3.f3425a1 is out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@d21mike I did notice that vehicles in the lane to my right were depicted more often than those in the lane to my left.

What I did find impressive is that it picked up on the fact that there were 2 cars ahead of me. The first time that I noticed it I was stopped at a signal and I thought there was an error until I saw the first car pull away.

What I did find impressive is that it picked up on the fact that there were 2 cars ahead of me. The first time that I noticed it I was stopped at a signal and I thought there was an error until I saw the first car pull away.
Sorry if I missed you mentioning this already, but what version were you updating from? My car has been showing multiple cars ahead for quite some time now.

Reactions: Cooker
One more drive. Rain had stopped, but rain-sensing had not. :) A few ghost wipes during the drive, related mostly to brightness changes e.g. turns where turning towards lights etc. Nothing too bad, but some ghost wiping for sure in the dark (streetlights).

I went on the motorway to see if adjacent-lane cars would finally show on IC, as someone suggested, but they did not (outside of lane changes). Multiple cars on the same lane have shown in the IC for a long time of course.

Did not try auto-steering, so nothing new to report there.

Sorry if I missed you mentioning this already, but what version were you updating from? My car has been showing multiple cars ahead for quite some time now.
The Christmas version and currently non-EAP.

Prior to this last update, I never noticed it "seeing" cars that were not blatantly visible in the lane ahead of me. This morning I pulled up to an intersection thinking that I was the 2nd car. The display indicated that I was the 3rd and until the first car pulled away I didn't see it. Obviously, the system noticed something I didn't as I pulled up but it "remembered" that the other car was there which I haven't had happen before or I've just been too busy dodging idiots to notice.

I just got .50.3. Sitting in a lightly raining parking lot right now, on auto 1, and it’s wiping on a fairly reasonable interval even on my rain-x polluted windshield.

Not ready to unplug for a drive yet — will save that for later :)
Sure, rub it in that you're being rained on. I hope that your wrap gets water spots! J/K :D

On my first drive today with the new update, I felt like the sensors which sense other cars were more sensitive than before.
I had two instances where it gave me an audible warning that the car in front of me had slowed/stopped and my car felt I want braking (one was where a car was making a right turn and I went around it on the left...but my car warned me, which was nice). On the IC, the car did not turn red as Ive seen it do in the past.

• Informative
Reactions: Rouget
On 2017.50.3 today and the car hesitated for a few milliseconds while approaching an overpass. I haven't had that issue in probably 6 months or more. It wasn't as jarring as what we had 9+ months ago but still a surprise since it hasn't happened in so long.

I wonder if they're playing around with ADAS map tiles, which control segments of the road with disabled radar braking.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
According to release notes speed is supposed to adjust accordingly in position 2.
Position 1 is intermittent.
View attachment 270814

Maybe we are reading two different things? As I said earlier, it adjusts at what point the wipers are triggered. Level 1 waits a little longer (more rain buildup on the windshield) and level 2 is quicker on the trigger.

FYI, my phone (Pixel XL 2) failed to bloothtooth connect to my X today after the lastest 50.3 update. Oddly some of the UI and the phone said it was connected' Seems you can have 'media' connection and still not have 'phone' (calendar, contacts, calls) connected. I was going to service center for a few items today anyway when I noticed it. They fixed while I was there by sending a command of some sort to restart some subsystem or whatever they call them. They did not have to physically do anything in the car.

I've been testing the AP2 Auto wipers today (without rain :D) and found two issues:

1) During the day, wipers always activate as soon as I enter a tunnel, they wipe once or twice then stop until the next tunnel.

2) When wipers are set to automatic they don't completely retract (hide under the hood) after they stop. I've waited for them for several minutes after they stopped and had to manually switch them off from the left stalk for them to retract. Same thing happens if you have the wipers set to auto and manually push the wipe button in the stalk. Seems like a software bug.

Your test seemed perfect. I was testing 17.50.2 over the weekend and it appeared to work better going to the right (like your test) then going to the left. Any chance you tested going both left and right auto lane changes?

Here’s the video of multiple 50.3
Auto Lane Changes.
Right - left - right...
Quick, Precise & Smooth in both directions