Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both Trump and EM are being incredibly mature by working together to get the best from each other while maintaining their individual stances.

Trump is still going after climate change initiatives but has appointed EM on infrastructure and energy advisory team. This is inspite of EM's initial comments on him.

EM is still pursuing his renewables and electification dream while helping Trump and maintaining a good relation with the POTUS.

People have used the "enemy" quote from Godfather but I think thats innacurate. There are No enemies here, just ppl with different beliefs but still willing to work together.

I think this one is more appropriate:

"Nothing personal, its just business".

Where Elon and Trump have shared interests:

1. Manufacturing and creating jobs in the US.
2. Removing regulations that are stifling job growth (dealership laws, solar permitting)
3. Modernizing infrastructure
4. Space Exploration (Trump for commercial, Elon for species plan B)
5. Dating/marrying attractive women

Where Elon and Trump's interests diverge:

1. Everything else.

The list where their interests diverge does not cancel out the first list. Elon is trying to move the species and the planet toward having a greater probability of long-term survival.....isn't that idealistic enough without requiring him to also disavow and snub a short-term tool. If Trump can help Elon advance the time frame for sustainable energy and transportation and for exploration and colonization of Mars, then tell me again the great thing Elon accomplishes by publically denouncing Trump. Hell, everyone from the Pope to Robert Deniro have bashed Trump (Deniro wanted to fight him), hasn't seemed to slow down the Donald much. This is a big, important task - he's rolling up his sleeves and getting his hands a little dirty.

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Powerwall Saved 86% of Utility Bill For British Customer

Story explains how a solar, inverter and Powerwall 1 saves 86% on utility bill...

Taking into account that it rains in the UK half the time, this is very positive. I expect much more compelling stories from people in sunnier climates, but it shows clearly what the product can do.

Powerwall One, remember, not two.

I am the first one to defend him, and have done so, but he's wrong here, his personal distaste of Trump blinds him completely on this subject

I'm guessing his PUTS (which he claimed on Monday to be all in PUTS) aren't doing so well and that is why his mood has changed (disguised as his BS last 10 posts):

but I should say... i hold nothing but puts right now that I just bought at $250.50... a small amount of weeklies... lower end of the channel is ~$241... and we left a gap last week at $238.

You win some, you lose some.

/off topic: These maps you guys keep posting are funny. Almost makes you forget the person who won got 3M votes less votes, than the person who "lost".

More on topic, while certainly not a fan of Trump, I am happy for Musk`s pragmatism. I think it`s great he was selected as an advisor as TSLA is much better off when the CEO works with the administration than if the full power of the US government was working against him.

Having said that, it is a bit like playing with fire. From what I can tell, Trump is a vain and vindictive individual, so if he did stuff Elon could no longer go along with and had to step down, he may go after him and his companies, just to set the example...

Elon Musk on Twitter

Exciting progress on the tunnel front. Plan to start digging in a month or so.

IMG_1003.PNG

Doesn't he have some other things to do?

First of all I don't hold any Tesla stocks, so any opinion I expressed here is not for my personal gain. I just feel my personal belief aligns with what Mr. Musk is doing (which also explain why I am here), and I am a Model 3 reservation holder.

Mr. Musk may share zero with T, but as some of the people express here, there is a lot of thing still unknown about T's policy, such as Solar subsidy and other stuff. Instead of excluding yourself from any of the possibly shaping of these policy, Mr. Musk choose to join the foray and at least trying to contribute to and guide the ship toward what we believe. I don't see anything wrong about that.

Even though I did not vote for T, but he is our president now. So why being a ideological zealot and shut yourself out of any discussion for the future? I think what Mr. Must is engaging now is exactly to "speed up the advancement to the sustainable transportation"

Unless Mr. Must says one day that he will stop making electrical car and instead focus on ICE cars to help T consume all those oil gushing from Canada through Keystone XL pipeline, I don't see any problem and this is definitely not a "sell out"

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Personally, I want Elon at a table with the most powerful man in the world. Elon can sell electric cars to countries that drown in oil, I think he can also sell policies that are good for the environment to the President. And if not, he is also strong enough to not let such a failure distract or keep him from achieving his goals regardless.

Apparently there is a new directive regarding an embargo on discussions by scientists with the press.

Trump Finds The Weak Spot In Obama’s Protections For Scientists

Reminds me of a discussion I had decades ago with a local scientist who was a specialized and internationally known black bear expert. He had just returned from a conference in Moscow where he encountered a Soviet colleague who queried him about another Soviet scientist in Siberia. The muskovite could not read his counterpart's research publications. The American scientist could. Shades of Stalin 's interference in genetics, Lysenkoism.

Just a bit more influence of Putin, formerly head of the KGB in East Germany, in trying to undermine our country. I think it was Camus who said, "the Nazis defined themselves in terms of their enemies." When you do that you risk becoming the enemy of yourself. Orwell is looking better and better each day.

Edit: Einstein was fairly positive about the influence of "the Old One" on physics. I'm don't know if he had much confidence in the God of sociology. E.g., regarding the environment, Nixon, too, is looking better each day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.