Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This, the ugly face of blatant corruption in PR, is what scares me. Elon should tread carefully on any projects in this dangerous place.

The current powerbrokers in PR do not want statehood as the status quo would shield them from any scrutiny from people/media in mainland USA. For all practical purposes, PR is a 3rd world colony of USA.

Whitefish is from Montana. Who gave the grant without a bidding process?

• Helpful
Reactions: ChrisA and TMSE
What delay. They are still about 9 months AHEAD of their original Model 3 schedule. And I love the irony of someone joining the board today saying they pulled the plug for now... Yes the stock is down today, and might even touch 300. But Tesla is on the cusp of starting delivery of the M3. If you can't wait for that I'm guessing GM stock can be had for a steal today.

Cobos

Can you do me a favor and post a link to where Elon accelerated the M3 schedule? I also recall that and wanted to state that fact in various forums/comment boards, but wanted to have a link to prove it. It also seems like even the accelerated schedule was to reveal the M3 in October, and then EM accelerated the acceleration. :D

Thanks in advance.

Can you do me a favor and post a link to where Elon accelerated the M3 schedule? I also recall that and wanted to state that fact in various forums/comment boards, but wanted to have a link to prove it. It also seems like even the accelerated schedule was to reveal the M3 in October, and then EM accelerated the acceleration. :D

Thanks in advance.
Very 1st line in 2016 Q1 letter
http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...E45227BA/Q1_2016_Tesla_Shareholder_Letter.pdf

I don't think he ever said the initial reveal would be in Oct. He did say (prob in the ER call of 2016 Q1 as well, maybe a Q later) they set the target of first production delivery in July 2017 and immediately said something like "that's our aspiration, will we make it? Certainly not."

Reactions: neroden
This brings me back to something I've warned time and time again.

I strongly, STRONGLY believe that most retail investors should not hold any shares in TSLA. The vast majority of people have neither the patience nor the psychological will to hold the stock for the length of time necessary for a potentially big payoff. You have to be some kind of crazy or have some psychopathic tendencies to withstand the instability, FUD, and other drama (including this forum).

We should be honest about TSLA: it is a bet on a futuristic vision. It is a volatile stock that often moves up or down significantly in the short term for no logical reason. Most people, both Bull and Bear, trying to time this stock in the short term are going to get run over by the Big Banks and will suffer pain and humiliation.

People who are clearly uncomfortable with this level of risk should sell their shares and buy something more stable. Index Funds, or even an industry ETF like BOTZ (AI and robotics focused fund) are a more appropriate investment for most people.

Bottom line: Limit your investment to an amount such that you can sleep at night. If roadbumps in Tesla keeps you awake at 2AM or otherwise concerns you greatly, this is not an investment that is appropriate for your risk tolerance. People may criticize Sammyzuko for selling, but that may be a wise decision given their specific situation and personal risk tolerance.

I've been holding since Feb of 2013, so I have quite a bit of skin in the game - which makes me a bit edgy in times like these. A little nervous you might say. But I will tell you, I've never lost a minutes sleep over it, so I must be doing ok. :)

Reactions: neroden and Lessmog
Tesla Energy is really in the right place at the right time. These so call good idea generators are failing in PR now. They were never made to run continuously for this long. Our company has been sending shifts of manager and nurses down to PR to help out with the exhausted staff. I'm being told we also are providing meals to the patients and staff and that's the only meal that is hot. It's pretty sad. Lots of minds will be changed.

It's a race. What will destroy us first, artificial intelligence, or human stupidity ?

Seems to me human stupidity will lead to super artificial intelligence, which will destroy us. I don't think NeuraLink can prevent it. What if a few countries/groups are determined to develop super AI? We will face some tough choices within 10~20 years.

We can prevent it if the whole world understand the real risk, and everyone agree to not develop super AI. Has the whole world ever agreed on anything in the past? I say zero chance for this path.

The second best path is that a good and intelligent group of people get a hold of the technology first, and use the power to prevent the spread of the tech. If we can delay the singularity point by a few hundred years, hopefully in that process we can figure out a way to further delay it.

Reactions: neroden
Seems to me human stupidity will lead to super artificial intelligence, which will destroy us. I don't think NeuraLink can prevent it. What if a few countries/groups are determined to develop super AI? We will face some tough choices within 10~20 years.

We can prevent it if the whole world understand the real risk, and everyone agree to not develop super AI. Has the whole world ever agreed on anything in the past? I say zero chance for this path.

The second best path is that a good and intelligent group of people get a hold of the technology first, and use the power to prevent the spread of the tech. If we can delay the singularity point by a few hundred years, hopefully in that process we can figure out a way to further delay it.
Well, we do have EMF's/EMP's on our side if it comes to that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Elon Musk Was Wrong About Self-Driving Teslas

Subtext: He’s charging $8,000 for a feature that doesn’t exist yet while owners bemoan a current version that’s flawed. This is the story of how we got here.

Before you pickup any stones, consider that Tom Randall has always been on the positive side to a point he is accused as a fanboy, cheerleader etc by the shorts.

I think it's completely reasonable for folks to be frustrated with the progress of EAP. Some have more patience than others. Bears like to point the lack of EAP & FSD progress, but they naively think legacy OEMs can do better.

Employees are vested with stock, its in their interest to leak the ramp is improving.
So far nothing out there. They should be first to notify.

Well, they vested with stock, not options. Why would they risk their employment with leaks if they can just hold onto their stock until the info is out officially, and if it is good stock goes up?

Reactions: bdy0627
This, the ugly face of blatant corruption in PR, is what scares me. Elon should tread carefully on any projects in this dangerous place.

The current powerbrokers in PR do not want statehood as the status quo would shield them from any scrutiny from people/media in mainland USA. For all practical purposes, PR is a 3rd world colony of USA.
Disagree. Not a Puerto Rico problem, a Ryan Zinke problem. I remember Lt. Zinke from BUDS in 1989...not the sharpest tool in the shed. A no bid contract with an undersized hometown operation screams crony politics and a quick exit from public service. If true, I give him til the end of the year.

1) Puerto Rico is no more corrupt than Louisiana or New Mexico.

2) Unlike what is commonly referred to as a "colony" Puerto Rico has been given the opportunity to become an independent country in several referenda. Or become a US State. In the last non-boycotted referendum less than 3% voted for independence and less than third voted for Statehood. It seems Puerto Ricans like getting US monies without paying US Federal Income Taxes.

Production meeting on the GF roof, I guess; hopefully productive. No sleeping bags visible.

Elon Musk on Twitter

22710139_123795508290088_2715822823305117696_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.