Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I cannot see the front of the ICE well enough to see that it was not on fire. I have a suspicion, though, that there was something in the frunk that was combustible, because nothing else burns that easily, and you notice, it's the frunk. I have read other stories of Tesla fires where people were carrying gallons of gas (what ever for??) in the frunk, and I don't find it hard to believe that Tesla refuses to pay. Many more stories exist where Teslas survive amazing crashes with no fire, and the owners walk away.

The batterypack is designed to focus fire/heat away from cabin, and this result in this. We saw the same in the first fire a few years ago.

Non-story
In other news, how about NASDAQ futures gap up to an ATH??!!
Up about 1% across the board on French election results
or if you prefer a headline:
French election causes US erection

IMG_0113.JPG

Okay, as long as the moderator's away:
The Japanese - by and large - hugely respected their post-war overlord, Supreme Commander for the Allied Forces General Douglas MacArthur. The good general was considering running for President in the 1952 elections and upon word of that reaching the Tokyo masses, they created a fine sign in the Ginza.

It read:

We Play for MacArthur's Erection.

Up about 1% across the board on French election results
or if you prefer a headline:
French election causes US erection

View attachment 224136

Often a big up day for the broader markets is not necessarily a big up day for TSLA, but on Friday the stock looked like it was poised to have a good run on Monday (a moderate up day with stock price gaining into the close), so we may indeed see TSLA enjoying a good Monday.

For me, the big question is whether shorts will try for a Monday morning dip to scare traders toward other stocks on a big up day for the broader markets. That technique often works on a big up day for the broader markets when investors are feeling some ambivalence toward TSLA. Fortunately for longs, there seems to be little ambiguity with TSLA traders regarding the direction TSLA should head on Monday, given the very nice uptrend into close on Friday the modest gains of last week, the ER scheduled for little more than a week from now, and the 7-8 points of headroom between our current price and the recent ATH.

nothing to telegraph. Sold all my $TSLA stake on Friday near close now 100% cash and looking to short $TSLA
24.6% $TSLA float shorted I figured shorts know something that I don't & they r indubitably smart bunch so I decided to emulate shorts
super intelligent shorts like myusername and Montana Skeptic finally convinced me that I'm wrong and $TSLA is indeed going to zero
Elon Musk is wrong shorts r right all EM accomplished is just handful of world changing companies nothing like shorts accomplishments
$TSLA infact after I make my millions shorting $TSLA I'll invest all the proceeds into $GM $F $XOM and by that time EM will be in poorhouse

Last edited:
nothing to telegraph. Sold all my $TSLA stake on Friday near close now 100% cash and looking to short $TSLA
24.6% $TSLA float shorted I figured shorts know something that I don't & they r indubitably smart bunch so I decided to emulate shorts
super intelligent shorts like myusername and Montana Skeptic finally convinced me that I'm wrong and $TSLA is indeed going to zero

Lol Tesla will never go to 0. At the very worst it will be acquired by GM, Ford, Volkswagen or Toyota for at least 20 billions (worst case scenario).

• Love
Reactions: TrendTrader007
Often a big up day for the broader markets is not necessarily a big up day for TSLA, but on Friday the stock looked like it was poised to have a good run on Monday (a moderate up day with stock price gaining into the close), so we may indeed see TSLA enjoying a good Monday.

For me, the big question is whether shorts will try for a Monday morning dip to scare traders toward other stocks on a big up day for the broader markets. That technique often works on a big up day for the broader markets when investors are feeling some ambivalence toward TSLA. Fortunately for longs, there seems to be little ambiguity with TSLA traders regarding the direction TSLA should head on Monday, given the very nice uptrend into close on Friday the modest gains of last week, the ER scheduled for little more than a week from now, and the 7-8 points of headroom between our current price and the recent ATH.

I don't know if we will reach an ATH, but we might close ATH. ATH close is 308 I think, 310 is attainable IMO.

-------
However, Euro is going to go up big time tomorrow (french elections, Macron is pro EU), which will cause my net worth to stay the same or even go down even though Tesla goes up. (I'm in Germany, so use euro).

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Elon Musk is wrong shorts r right all EM accomplished is just handful of world changing companies nothing like shorts accomplishments
$TSLA infact after I make my millions shorting $TSLA I'll invest all the proceeds into $GM $F $XOM and by that time EM will be in poorhouse

Consider other newbies who read this thread. If they do not know your history, Poe's law dictates it is indistinguishable without some indicator you were totally satirical, in which case, here's the "/s" you dropped. Or you've totally gone on the other side in which case, thank you for transferring your millions to us longs.

IMG_0114.PNG
Consider other newbies who read this thread. If they do not know your history, Poe's law dictates it is indistinguishable without some indicator you were totally satirical, in which case, here's the "/s" you dropped. Or you've totally gone on the other side in which case, thank you for transferring your millions to us longs.
$TSLA okay point well taken
This is not the kind of chart to short
There is one thing and only one thing to do: go superlong
Shorts r wrong

I'm seeing good trading activity in $500 and $600 2019 calls maybe it's just me but someone is positioning for major upside
full disclosure: I do own a ton of 2019 $500 calls but even discounting my trading there is still a lot of action in those calls
I'm tempted 2 switch exposure from $250s to $600s but I'll probably not do it because if SP rises then my 25% way OTM calls will fly
$TSLA $500s $600s $400s will get crushed if SP tanks after ER (unlikely) but if it soars then hallelujah!
I do see $500 sometime this year
Historically Elon Musk has done an excellent job forecasting SP directionally this time is no different
10 times from here highly likely
except that 10 times current SP may happen over 5 years which is like 60% annualized return
Highly likely but with lots of volatility
rise in SP will definitely not be linear exponential followed by periods of sharp downturns then exponential lots of potential profit
I can foresee myself doing nothing but actively trade this stock for the next 5 years
Will probably beat simply buy and hold
Or not!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.