Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I having a mini panic attack right now. I just need some reassurance that everything will be ok. LOL. I know I shouldn't be worried as TSLA will be a successful long term investment, but from a short term perspective, it's really anyone's guess. I'm just trying to decide whether I should sell some shares in case of a drop, then re-buy them back later. But I'll still be kicking myself if we have a beat today. That's why I am so torn right now..

If the earnings are causing that much angst, why not sell some shares. Put half the proceeds in ITM weekly calls for 5/12 or 5/19 expirations and save the other half to buy back in if the share price drops after earnings are reported?

@myusername I have left you off of ignore because at times you have provided good information even if mosty bearish. I want to hear logical analysis. Your "scam" posts are not useful. Are you not admitting that Tesla has achieved and exceeded the vast majority of the Master Plan? Are you saying that my wife didn't stand in line with about 150 other people to make 2 reservations in Nashville TN of all locations? Are you saying that Tesla wont make at least enough Model 3s for us to get our cares? Are you saying that Tesla didn't meet and exceed its projections (other than optimistic timing)? Finally are you telling me that my 4 year ownership and almost 100K miles of the best car I have ever driven is a scam? I would appreciate any detail you can provide that this is a scam but not by intentional negative speculation. Thank you.

@myusername I have left you off of ignore because at times you have provided good information even if mosty bearish. I want to hear logical analysis. Your "scam" posts are not useful. Are you not admitting that Tesla has achieved and exceeded the vast majority of the Master Plan? Are you saying that my wife didn't stand in line with about 150 other people to make 2 reservations in Nashville TN of all locations? Are you saying that Tesla wont make at least enough Model 3s for us to get our cares? Are you saying that Tesla didn't meet and exceed its projections (other than optimistic timing)? Finally are you telling me that my 4 year ownership and almost 100K miles of the best car I have ever driven is a scam? I would appreciate any detail you can provide that this is a scam but not by intentional negative speculation. Thank you.
heard... i'll lay off that. to say the least, this is quite a psychological adventure.

regarding technicals... i sold 1/3rd of my puts I purchased at the top on Monday (pure luck) at 212... recovering 150% of my cost... and now the rest is profit.

as I mentioned... the bottom of the 20 day channel is (was) at 312.xx... and now we're about to test the 210 area... if the day closes in the 208 range... we're 10% from the 270 gap.

Reactions: CorneliusXX
Maybe the shorts know something that I don't
I'll take my lumps and stay the course
If it goes down I'll deal with margin calls as they come
If it goes up then I'd be totally ecstatic
Doing nothing sitting tight

You post a lot of upbeat statements, but your average is only $209? That shows, when you purchased your own TSLA shares. :)

I'm in a similar situation with way too much common and calls I've been buying this stock and calls since December like a maniac, like there's no tomorrow
Between common and calls my total exposure to TSLA is astounding at least for an individual investor
I've never had such a large position in any stock ever I guess I just got carried away and kept on buying for months non stop
My average cost basis is $209 or so not counting numerous calls
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best
I have a feeling this is my greatest trade ever

Now, or any post ER bump will be a good time to short/sell the shares. Many weak shorts are gone. Will be much less support on the way down. In 1-2 years, weak fundamentals will give some great returns. IMHO. If you have the stomach to digest upto 50% paper loss in the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.