Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been making what are quite plainly bets that earnings will cause a positive surprise. However, I've been making those bets by selling puts, so if I'm wrong, I end up buying more Tesla stock at slightly above market. Which is OK.

That makes sense neroden, I'm a little puzzled on the response though. I was referring to the idea of selling oom calls and choosing to roll them forward.

Reactions: Blip
Why would you contemplate selling this stock? TSLA's growth has only just begun.
Not talking about stock. Holding onto my core stock tightly since 2011, and not planning to sell anytime soon....
I bought weeklies 1hr ago for some extra boost, and I HAVE to sell them before tomorrow close, because they expire by then...
Usually I'm quite good at picking entrance points, but in the past often was holding short term options for too long, until eventually I was in the red again...that's why I'll now sell 1/3 at 271 and 2/3 at 272,50, or whatever I still have I sell before close, to avoid the loss in timevalue that happens overnight....

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
What would you guys do with some March 200 calls? Sell now, or risk closer to or after ER?
I have changed my limit sell order from 45-55-63-65 and have it at $75 now.. bought them when SP was at $200 paid $13. I cant decide, and a bit afraid I will hang on for to long. But right now, I really dont want to let these go. ;-)

I guess its a luxury problem to have.

Guess I'll drop by stockwits and poke some bears for fun, while I try to decide when to let go. ;-)

Last edited:

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk last year told investors and more than 370,000 customers who put deposits down for a Model 3 that he intended to start building the cars in July 2017. At the time, many analysts and suppliers said the timeline was too ambitious and would be difficult to achieve, pointing to Tesla's history of missing aggressive production targets.

Does everyone believe that?

It's not auspicious that they made a mistake on that start of production.
OTOH that is a plausible reason for the current SP surge.

Yes, I believe him. (most) Parts ready by July 1. Any stragglers fixed. Start production late summer(?) and ramp up from there. Pre-production cars are needed to validate the design and parts, and to debug any last minute glitches. These would use early part samples.

Groan!

I was not disagreeing with Elon's statement!

I was pointing out that the reuters article made a mistake in their description of what he said! Next time please read the complete quote.

I bought back most of my covered Feb 17 calls at 160% loss today.
I'm sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.