Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fidelity is down from 127k shares available for borrowing to 7k. The interest rate went down from 2% to 0.75%.

snap1.png

It would make more sense to cover at the begging of the market day.

The rally we see at open on Mondays is due to weekly options expired the week before. I can tell you first hand that if that move happened on Friday , options that that day expired would of gone up immensely , so market makers killed the options by not allowing the run that should of occurred on Friday to instead take place o the Monday when the % returns to weekly options traders is minuscule in comparison .
Foe me and a few others in here, if the run would of happened on Friday , we would of had an enormous payday for our weekly options strategy, still sore about that.

Oppenheimer making comments today, don't have the full report or link...

Tesla could decide to tap capital markets as its shares rally, analyst says

They "would not be surprised to see (Tesla) opportunistically raise capital to support medium- and long-term growth," the analysts said. "We would view a capital raise as a catalyst to the upside given that it would remove part of the near-term bear argument."

Here is the link:

Oppenheimer making comments today,

They "would not be surprised to see (Tesla) opportunistically raise capital to support medium- and long-term growth," the analysts said. "We would view a capital raise as a catalyst to the upside given that it would remove part of the near-term bear argument."

To be honest, if there were capital needs going into next few quarters I don't see why Elon wouldn't decide to cash in on this amazing run and tap the capital markets soon. Despite the market's complacency, I don't think macro risk has disappeared.

Odd shorting activity at Fidelity today. There were only 127k shares available, with only 3k shares added. There were no signs of Fidelity replenishing the supply, although originally available shares were all borrowed quite quickly. On top of this the interest rate went down significantly, to 0.75%, so one would think that Fidelity would make more shares available. I have a gut feeling that these oddities is a manifestation of something unusual brewing on and we will se another explosive day.

snap1.png

And f........! OK, still was not expecting this.

I guess maybe this is a buy-the-rumor sell-the-news type of event and we'll see a pullback *after* earnings. Or maybe we'll just see the endless runup which TrendTrader predicts.

My most speculative position, SCTY Jan 2019 $30Cs (equivalent to 272.73 on TSLA), bought for $1.21/share (equivalent to $11 on TSLA) is about to have more inherent value than the amount I paid for it, 23 months before expiration. What? This was just a toy position, I didn't put significant money into it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.