Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Model 3 anticipation, and Tesla's "Trump-safe" position due to Elon's acitivities in those presidential panels.

I think some are prepared to get in before TE profits are revealed. Anticipating future performance, as the standard procedure is called.

When it was at $287 I was wondering what it will do when it reaches $291. Stay there for a while? Or just blow through? I think we will be at that position before the end of the week.

Agree, why risk capital this low, we have not broken all time highs yet nor has the short covering rally began.
I would expect to see capital rising north of 450 and with this short interest that will be sooner than later .

As I said Monday pre market, am expecting to see all time highs broken this week and am aggressively positioned for it with exposed 290 weekly calls.
There is no technical resistance left till 290s

Do you foresee a repeat of Monday pop next week due to MM's defraying options this Friday?

• Helpful
Reactions: MitchJi
Define blowout.

I believe that 4Q will be GAAP profitable for TA/TE (ie. The part of the company that used to be Tesla Motors Inc.). SCTY will probably still show ridiculous GAAP losses because of how the old GAAP rules accounts for the PPA contracts.

I believe the slightly lower serial production of cars is balanced by the increased margins of increasing AP price, increasing destination fees, discontinuation of X60, greater mix of P100D, etc.

TE will finally contribute a non-zero number, likely large enough to offset the ZEV blowout in 3Q.

I thought they could switch to the new GAAP this quarter?

You know what? I started reading it more closely and read the whole opinion. I highly recommend it.

This judge just EVISCERATES the plaintiffs' arguments. It's beautiful, really. It's rare to see a judicial opinion that is so definitive and protective of a party, especially a corporation. Usually it's the judge acknowledging that the company could have done more, should consider being clearer, etc., but the plaintiff didn't state the claim adequately/precedent supports the defendant on balance, etc. But no. He just blasts the weak arguments again and again without mercy.

Literally, this is the same thing as a frothing at the mouth short laying out all the bear talking points to a disinterested and intelligent third party (i.e., judge) and the response is just "nope!" In a strange way it reinforced all my reasons for staying long on TSLA. The judge answered all the talking points in pretty much the exact same way I would respond - and have been responding - on this forum. I bet the judge put Haque on Ignore after issuing his opinion, too.

Not really the right thread, but I too gave that a read. It is indeed a work of art, systematically debunking a pretty well constructed "fake demand" theory.

Reactions: everman
Status
Not open for further replies.