Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they have more than one color. Imagine 5000+ identical cars and everyone leaving in shifts. Mayhem. Everyone clicking their keys to find their car.
Or worse, if they summoned them. If the car is parked at least you know where it is. If the car moved on its own, along with 100s of other M3 of the same color, how do you know which one is yours?

The Q2ER should be in late July, timing vs M3 production start, delivery event could be interesting. I expect that Tesla will send out invite to the delivery event earlier in July. If there is no word on that by the Q2ER, and if there is any sign of Osborn effect, PPS post-Q2ER would get ugly.
Well, I can hope for such a wonderful buying opportunity (I am *still* holding cash for expenses which may or may not materialize, but I *really* should know by late July), but I won't count on it.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Look at the price delta when the "babe Ruth" shot was called. This gets better every day.

Have a good weekend TSLA longs.

Shorts - you have a long weekend to figure out how to sort out the Tuesday margin call.

IMG_8839.PNG

Is Elon aiming for the "Leave in May and stay away" crowd?

They paraded a pair of 3s down Lombard Street this morning:

Well look what I ran into this morning! Two Model 3s going down Lombard St in San Francisco

I don't see how TSLA will not get at least some of that May money, that owners like to keep working.

Memorial Day weekend.
Lombard parade of really nice cars.
HD mapping moat (really a gap, not a moat).
Factory capacity to meet customer needs inviting no one else into the gap.

Tesla Pattern => "Start in first and extend the lead." [winning strategy in many sports].

I can't see it gaining less than 5% on Tuesday.

Those cars are really beautiful.

Is Elon aiming for the "Leave in May and stay away" crowd?

They paraded a pair of 3s down Lombard Street this morning:

Well look what I ran into this morning! Two Model 3s going down Lombard St in San Francisco

I don't see how TSLA will not get at least some of that May money, that owners like to keep working.

Memorial Day weekend.
Lombard parade of really nice cars.
HD mapping moat (really a gap, not a moat).
Factory capacity to meet customer needs inviting no one else into the gap.

Tesla Pattern => "Start in first and extend the lead." [winning strategy in many sports].

I can't see it gaining less than 5% on Tuesday.

Those cars are really beautiful.
Lets go do some anti-selling on Lombard street o_O

I am not an expert on pool player definitions or fishing, so there may be some misuse here:

Elon appears to be playing the shorts in the same way a pool hustler plays a mark.
And he is working the investment community to keep steady upward pressure on the stock price - like a fisherman.
He is borrowing some border collie selection techniques to select 'buy and hold' investors each time they become available - like the "leave in May and stay away" crowd. Now is the time to get them, as this is when they move.

I don't see how one could expect to find a better person to manage company value.

There is some sort of board vote?

I am no marketing guy but maybe, while testing/logging miles, the goal is;

(1) Generate buzz.
(2) Upsell to Model S/X where possible.

Now, if only they could replicate this in cities across the U.S., LA, Seattle, Denver.

On the East Coast/Midwest, maybe if they had a bunch of cars in some central location like, I don't know -- let's say, Dayton, OH -- they could head out to NYC, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, DC, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, etc. for test drives.

No idea if they would do something like this, but will be interesting to see how Tesla manages the greatest opportunity they have ever had to raise brand awareness, and the need to avoid cannibalizing Model S sales. I expect a schizophrenic 6-9 months.:)

Reactions: geneclean55
Or worse, if they summoned them. If the car is parked at least you know where it is. If the car moved on its own, along with 100s of other M3 of the same color, how do you know which one is yours?

Thats the easy one, the cars comes to you. U dont have to know, the car does.

Just dont stand there in a crowd of 100ppl summoning at once. And if u do, make a line so cars know which to move up first.;-)

Look at the price delta when the "babe Ruth" shot was called. This gets better every day.

Shorts - you have a long weekend to figure out how to sort out the Tuesday margin call.

View attachment 228569
Well, after all was said and done today $325.50 is the line in the sand. This was the close at the end of the AH session, and shorts can ponder for 3 days.on what to do. Probably the new ATH too.

View attachment 228569
Well, after all was said and done $325.50 is the line in the sand. This was the close at the end of the AH session, and shorts can ponder for 3 days.on what to do.

In that case I could believe employees not getting them until November.

My understanding is that employees come first. But, an employee told a friend of mine that he does not expect to receive his 3 until November. I realize that is one level of hearsay, so you are welcome to be skeptical. All I can say is that my friend is close with people way up the food chain at Tesla. He's just not that interested in cars (or TSLA), so he's not analyzing every speck of production and delivery evidence as are the TMC stalwarts. It's just one piece of anecdotal evidence, but surely one worth monitoring.

My understanding is that employees come first. But, an employee told a friend of mine that he does not expect to receive his 3 until November. I realize that is one level of hearsay, so you are welcome to be skeptical. All I can say is that my friend is close with people way up the food chain at Tesla. He's just not that interested in cars (or TSLA), so he's not analyzing every speck of production and delivery evidence as are the TMC stalwarts. It's just one piece of anecdotal evidence, but surely one worth monitoring.

Maybe he is waiting for the duel motor or smaller battery because he can't afford the larger one. I would imagine that all employees aren't forced into the initial production limitations set by Elon to keep production ramp as simple as possible.

Without context or asking the right questions we have no idea what the source is thinking. If he said he knows no employees are getting the 3 until November then it's a different story.

I respectfully disagree with you regarding 3 delays. I just don't see that happening, and like 0 analysts think that the 3 will come close to Elon's timeline.

And regarding the Osborne effect from the S, the buzz surrounding the 3 launch will certainly pique interest in Tesla. Perhaps some Osborne effect, but not much IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.