Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the train of thought about the 'news on sunday' including some cars already delivered, that interior shot of a Model 3 from a few days ago that lead to estimating range of the 75kWh Model 3 at >300mi came about because of an employee who had the car who wasn't part of the launch team, and didn't seem to be required to be nearly as secretive about it as others we've seen. Perhaps there are indeed some legs to this notion of some cars already delivered?
aka "The purloined letter", hidden in plain sight.
Perhaps the sunday announcement will be similar to a casual sandbag "oh, by the way, we have been deliveing x number already to employees', some of you may have seen them driving around" with big grin:):):)
cue up "stormy weather":confused:

aka "The purloined letter", hidden in plain sight.
Perhaps the sunday announcement will be similar to a casual sandbag "oh, by the way, we have been deliveing x number already to employees', some of you may have seen them driving around" with big grin:):):)
cue up "stormy weather":confused:

It would be nice, but there's no way any employees have been delivered their cars yet. We'd know about it. They'd have posted pictures on social media. People in the area would have spotted them and taken photos - and no, none of the photos we've seen to date have been employee cars and we know that.

There's a name for this phenomena, where otherwise rational, intelligent people LOSE THEIR MINDS! :eek:

On the train of thought about the 'news on sunday' including some cars already delivered, that interior shot of a Model 3 from a few days ago that lead to estimating range of the 75kWh Model 3 at >300mi came about because of an employee who had the car who wasn't part of the launch team, and didn't seem to be required to be nearly as secretive about it as others we've seen. Perhaps there are indeed some legs to this notion of some cars already delivered?

Any of our VIN tracking gurus have anything to say about what we think 2Q17 deliveries look like? Last I looked at the MS VIN tracker sheet it looked to me like we were on track for about 15k MS in 2Q17, and a 60/40 split as in previous quarters would suggest we were on target for a 25k quarter. My honest belief is that there has been basically no news at all about any kind of break in production or slow downs so a full quarter of running the line at business as usual speeds should produce this many.
That car still had a manufacture plate, so probably unlikely to be an employee car. But I like this line of thinking. M3 spotters should start paying attention to license plate for non-manufacture plate, and look for real VIN # on the car if those start to appear...
zqaurduf645z-e1498106744879.jpg

It would be nice, but there's no way any employees have been delivered their cars yet. We'd know about it. They'd have posted pictures on social media. People in the area would have spotted them and taken photos - and no, none of the photos we've seen to date have been employee cars and we know that.

There's a name for this phenomena, where otherwise rational, intelligent people LOSE THEIR MINDS! :eek:

I think Tesla could still have employees who received the car sign a short-term NDA...they can always pas it off to friends that they have the car for testing, which wouldn't be too odd for a Tesla employee.

And/or they could have been delivered to higher-level employees. Either way, I don't think it's too wild of a possibility.

Nice dip and recovery. I could not resist playing that with daily calls, fun fast paced trade!
I hope y'all keep an eye on the NASDAQ while you make these trades. For the last few days, TSLA moved in lockstep with the NASDAQ, directionally speaking.

That might (hopefully) change next week due to what Elon will say on Sunday, but I think today TSLA will continue to track the NASDAQ (again, directionally).

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and AlMc
"of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most" :);):D
and
as we get older, our senses decline, except for our "sense of wonder" (i wonder where my car keys are and what are 'wavicles')
(and we shall know sunday, gawd, retirement is fun:cool:

Any of our VIN tracking gurus have anything to say about what we think 2Q17 deliveries look like?

Not a VIN guru but I can update you on Norway registrations: 1144 in Q2 at the moment vs. 1210 in Q1 (95%), there might be a few more tomorrow.

The X/S ratio is interesting: 2.1 for Q2 vs. 1.5 in Q1. One possible interpretation M3 osborning MS somewhat but MX making up for that.

Standard disclaimer: Just one country, not necessarily representative of worldwide deliveries (but the best data we have).

Not a VIN guru but I can update you on Norway registrations: 1144 in Q2 at the moment vs. 1210 in Q1 (95%), there might be a few more tomorrow.

The X/S ratio is interesting: 2.1 for Q2 vs. 1.5 in Q1. One possible interpretation M3 osborning MS somewhat but MX making up for that.

Standard disclaimer: Just one country, not necessarily representative of worldwide deliveries (but the best data we have).

Is there a ressource where one can look up norway registrations historically?
Would be interesting to see the correlation between norway/worldwide deliveries.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst

X moving up while S getting somewhat osborned would boost ASP a few percent.

I wonder which has better gross margin assuming both running at 1,000/week.

Status
Not open for further replies.