Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Market has been pricing the Model 3 'on time' for several months. A ten percent up move here would be surprising. Would guess shorts would try to get a bit of a sell the news momentum. And also I have a feeling 2Q sales missed. Elon covering for it with this announcement pretty sure. Osborne effect has been well documented over the past few months. Either way - up or buying opportunity - works for me.

Q3 starting with a gap up which indicates that current quarter could be similar to Q2 or Q3 of 2013 which means that the stock price could easily double in the next three months if it does not double we could have at least a 50 to 80% stock price rally
Personally I'm not chasing the stock here anymore but simply holding it and my feeling is that there should be some major trading opportunities in the next 3 to 6 months
I can Easily foresee the stock trading north of $700 this year by the end of Q3 and if there is a major correction or pull back in Q4 then it could go down by 30 to 40% to low $400s it's entirely possible
So the real big money is in trading the stock from here on rather than simply buying and holding
I still got all my 2018 2019 call options and I'm paying $500 a day in margin interest on my common stock holdings so I am a little risk averse here and prefer just to hold rather than increase my position anymore

Last edited:
Short interest down 6%

Skærmbillede 2017-07-03 kl. 14.55.25.png

Market has been pricing the Model 3 'on time' for several months. A ten percent up move here would be surprising. Would guess shorts would try to get a bit of a sell the news momentum. And also I have a feeling 2Q sales missed. Elon covering for it with this announcement pretty sure. Osborne effect has been well documented over the past few months. Either way - up or buying opportunity - works for me.

I agree, the more I thought about the Osborne effect on MS from the 3 the more I realized that the effect would have happened in March 2016, not today. If you need a car today, you wont get a model 3 for 12 months at the soonest. The opposite of an Osborne effect is actually more likely, meaning when people see the 3, ride in the 3 and talk to 3 owners, and I mean people that are not like us and following this stuff, they will end up looking at new and used Model Ss. I also believe the expiring of the Fed credit could double sales for S/X over the next 12 months. In fact, I think Tesla will be building them as fast as they can to make sure the pipeline is full 1H2018.

Great that production is underway this week! My read on Elon's tweet numbers is that the monthly numbers are weekly run rates that may only be achieved during the last week of the months noted. Assuming that the monthly run rates are achieved in the last week of each month cited, the total monthly productions would look something like:

July - 30
August - 60
September - 750
October - 4,000
November - 11,000
December - 17,000

total - 32,840

Why is it that the Q3 ramp is so slow?

Let's see... will it be 100k to 200k in 2017 like ValueInvestor predicted... or will it be between 10k and 20k like myusername predicted?... but oh no... that was just trolling right?... anyone with a bear sentiment is a troll... because they're always just trying to spread FUD... which is pretty much as real as Elon's ambitious goals.

remember... exactly this time last year everyone was hooting and hollering about 100k to 200k in 2017... and 500k+ in 2018... remember that?... and then reality says 10k to 20k in 2017... and 100k to 200k in 2018.

Next stop 270, please do dig up the posts where everyone proclaimed 100k-200k Model 3 in 2017. Should be easy since everyone was saying it.

Must be tough when all your assumptions are shattered. I'll be sure to pour one out for you July 28th.

Status
Not open for further replies.