Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would make you rich?
friends, family, love, and... oh whatever... money.
"The Tesla bulls started spreading HOD to push the share price higher and higher during its bubble days."

Ha ha! It's not really a dream when it's real. I suppose that is a made-up sentence.

The stock hasn't seen the underside of $100 for how long now, 4 straight years? I wouldn't call that a dream. When did the so-called "bubble days" come to an end?
remember my whining the other day about my objection to the CNBC guy's charting that somehow showed $340 - $350?

View attachment 235514

well I was more correct than CNBC guy... it did retrace to a trendline as he suggested... but he drew it wrong... 1 year chart, the crash reversed directly to the trend line started on Dec 5, 2016... then got stuck there... and now we're dipping under it. wonder if it will hold.
I have a theory... that trendline now appears to be acting as resistance... so what if whatever created that massive upswing from dec 5 has now reversed and is selling it against the same line... which may have been what caused the dramatic 3 day plummet.

friends, family, love, and... oh whatever... money.

I have a theory... that trendline now appears to be acting as resistance... so what if whatever created that massive upswing from dec 5 has now reversed and is selling it against the same line... which may have been what caused the dramatic 3 day plummet.
I have a theory... that you will never answer real actual questions and will continue to merely spout FUD.

You could take a vacation you know. It's a real place.
Troll.Resort.jpeg

Has any one seen what Mercedes Benz is up to? I was in San Francisco yesterday at Starbucks near the Moscone Center where there was a 'green energy' conference going on. A group of people with logo shirts "Mercedes-Benz Energy" caught my eye and look at what they are up to... Mercedes-Benz Energy Looks to me like they are gunning for the solar/powerwall market.
Daimler is the only legacy OEM that is taking a holistic view at Clean Disruption. They are still behind compared to Tesla, but they will be a strong no. 2 player imo.

Has any one seen what Mercedes Benz is up to? I was in San Francisco yesterday at Starbucks near the Moscone Center where there was a 'green energy' conference going on. A group of people with logo shirts "Mercedes-Benz Energy" caught my eye and look at what they are up to... Mercedes-Benz Energy Looks to me like they are gunning for the solar/powerwall market.

That Tron world is going to need a lot of power. That's great, now MB needs factories to make batteries and solar PV.

Also, I think its an interesting metaphor for the legacy automakers: We will sell you electrical products after every bit of nature is exterminated.

That Tron world is going to need a lot of power. That's great, now MB needs factories to make batteries and solar PV.

Also, I think its an interesting metaphor for the legacy automakers: We will sell you electrical products after every bit of nature is exterminated.
The Innovator's Dilemma is quite an obstacle to overcome, but they are accelerating their plans at least. Daimler unveils its own new battery Gigafactory for electric vehicles

Part of me thinks Daimler's leadership finally woke up when shareholders expressed their concerns: Tesla Model 3 is shaking up the industry: Daimler shareholders express concerns at annual meeting

I still think Tesla will come out ahead long term. They just won't have a monopoly, which is good.

Wanna witness stock price manipulation real time?

Check out FB, which has been trading within 5 cents for three hours.
I think we're witnessing blatant manipulation with TSLA today as well. Pinned to 325 all damn day so nobody makes any options money. Sad that MM's have such a vice grip on things

Tesla, Inc. Earnings: Mark Your Calendar -- The Motley Fool

Scheduled just days after Tesla's first Model 3 deliveries, the electric-car maker's second-quarter update will come at a crucial time for the company. Here's what to watch.

Daniel Sparks
(TMFDanielSparks)
Jul 14, 2017 at 11:37AM

Just days after Tesla plans to begin Model 3 deliveries, investors will get a peek into the electric-car maker's business. Tesla has put its second-quarter earnings release on the calendar: Aug. 2.

As usual, key areas to watch when Tesla reports earnings will be its revenue and earnings (or loss) per share. But with Tesla planning to start delivering the Model 3 on July 28, any updates on the important vehicle could steal the show.

Here's an early look at what investors should look for when Tesla reports its second-quarter results.

Financial results
Tesla's second-quarter revenue and earnings per share will help investors see the electric-car maker's ability to scale its business as it continues to rapidly expand.

With the help of Tesla's already reported 53% year-over-year increase in second-quarter vehicle deliveries, Tesla's revenue is set to soar. On average, analysts expect Tesla to report second-quarter revenue of $2.58 billion, up over 65% compared to Tesla's non-GAAP revenue in the same period last year (comparing Tesla's GAAP revenue to its non-GAAP revenue reflects a change in the company's reporting practices between these two quarters).

Ahead of Tesla's second-quarter earnings release, the consensus analyst estimate for Tesla's non-GAAP earnings per share is a loss of $1.69. Notably, this is a wider loss than both Tesla's year-ago non-GAAP EPS of $1.61 and Tesla's first-quarter non-GAAP loss per share of $1.33.

Analysts' forecast for a negative earnings trend in Tesla's second quarter likely reflects expectations of higher expenses related to the final development stages for Model 3, as well as the fact that Tesla's second-quarter vehicle deliveries came in at the low end of Tesla's guidance.

Model 3
Even though Tesla's Model 3 launch didn't fall in Tesla's second quarter, the vehicle will likely be a central topic in Tesla's second-quarter update for several reasons.

First, the Model 3 is expected to have significant financial implications on Tesla's second quarter even though deliveries aren't scheduled to begin until Q3. Not only did management say it expected to incur some GAAP and non-GAAP-related operating expenses associated with the final stages of Model 3 development and growth in its customer support infrastructure ahead of the vehicle's launch, but Tesla also said it expected its capital expenditures to soar as it builds out Model 3 production capacity. Tesla forecast year-to-date capital expenditures to be slightly over $2 billion by the time it starts Model 3 production. By the end of Tesla's first quarter, Tesla's year-to-date capital expenditures were just $553 million.

In addition, investors will be looking for an update on Tesla's volume expectations for the Model 3 ramp-up. With the earnings release falling less than a week after the first Model 3 deliveries, management will likely have more insight into its forecast for Model 3 deliveries for the rest of the year, and possibly provide updated guidance. As of Tesla's last estimates, it expected to deliver about 30 Model 3 units at its July 28 handover event, 100 in August, and more than 1,500 in September. By December, CEO Elon Musk has said he expects Tesla to be able to deliver about 20,000 units.

Reactions: austinEV
I think that they are that they are buying cells and assembling packs. Better than nothing, but in terms of competing with Tesla on costs it's pathetic.
I would say Tesla has the real innovator's dilemma, do they make Tesla semi 1st? make the model Y 1st? make the tunnels 1st? develop FSD Tesla Network 1st? Keep supercharging in-house or do a massive build-out and license it and monetize it? sell solar panels to customers 1st or put it on their own facilities?

I rather read it that they were tuning the car panels and the like, which is pretty normal practice. Could be read as something on production line though. Who knows...

In any case, can't wait for these M3's to start rolling
I would say Tesla has the real innovator's dilemma, do they make Tesla semi 1st? make the model Y 1st? make the tunnels 1st? develop FSD Tesla Network 1st? Keep supercharging in-house or do a massive build-out and license it and monetize it? sell solar panels to customers 1st or put it on their own facilities?

Yes

Reactions: Intl Professor
Status
Not open for further replies.