Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$500 sometime this year likely within the next 2 to 3 months is a very high probability
a steep sell off after that maybe another high likelihood
All wild speculations on my part, of course
I'll adjust my views according to chart and market action
I do expect a major gap up very shortly over the next few days to weeks
I've raised my total exposure to well over

Last edited:
$500 sometime this year likely within the next 2 to 3 months is a very high probability
a steep sell off after that maybe another high likelihood
All wild speculations on my part, of course
I'll adjust my views according to chart and market action
I do expect a major gap up very shortly over the next few days to weeks
I've raised my total exposure to well over
At first I thought I was reading a ValueAnalyst post.. I'm a lot more conservative in my ideas for the rest of the year, I'm thinking $400 until Elon announces that they're producing OVER 5,000 cars a week, AND he says that he expects all US reservation holders to get at least 50% of the Fed tax credit. Then I think we'll see a big bump from there. I would clarify that Elon said that he thinks that the majority of the reservation holders should get the tax credit, but that wasn't a surety at that point, so I'm thinking something more firm should help. Once the credits expire, I expect it to dip back down as the FUDsters will pronounce it's the END OF TESLA! :rolleyes:

Reactions: neroden
Today or tomorrow maybe the very last chance to buy TSLA before a major gap up / melt up which takes SP to $360 to $390 range in short order
Stock market does not care about a linear cause and effect relationship
That is so banal and untrue
Having said that I'm quitting any further posts since I think it's a total waste of my time to post here since most long investors here think linearly rather than exponentially and my precious time is better spent elsewhere than countering pedestrian/ linear arguments

I also don't expect the share price to go beyond $400 until next year.

What Tesla has yet to demonstrate is the ability to do true volume production, so I think they will have to prove themselves in that arena first before we hit that milestone.

(Edit: I'd love to be proven pessimistic on this...)

The thing is the market isn't rational on the short term. The end of this year is short term. So I'd say anything could happen to the SP by the end of this year.
Including blowing up the 400 dollars milestone.

Reactions: neroden
Today or tomorrow maybe the very last chance to buy TSLA before a major gap up / melt up which takes SP to $360 to $390 range in short order
Having said that I'm quitting any further posts since I think it's a total waste of my time to post here since most long investors here think linearly rather than exponentially and my precious time is better spent elsewhere than countering pedestrian/ linear arguments
No dude I like your posts and I take your advice even though its not advice. I'm really curious when you will sell your calls and when you do I am going to as well. So please keep not advising for me!

At first I thought I was reading a ValueAnalyst post.. I'm a lot more conservative in my ideas for the rest of the year, I'm thinking $400 until Elon announces that they're producing OVER 5,000 cars a week, AND he says that he expects all US reservation holders to get at least 50% of the Fed tax credit. Then I think we'll see a big bump from there. I would clarify that Elon said that he thinks that the majority of the reservation holders should get the tax credit, but that wasn't a surety at that point, so I'm thinking something more firm should help. Once the credits expire, I expect it to dip back down as the FUDsters will pronounce it's the END OF TESLA! :rolleyes:

OK.

So that I can learn from you, could you please walk me through how you calculated $400 per share given more than 5,000 cars per week?

Thank you so much in advance.

Last edited:
OK.

So that I can learn from you, could you please walk me through how you calculated $400 per share given more than 5,000 cars per week?

Thank you so much in advance.
It was meant as a joke and not a dig, regarding the comment of first thinking I was reading one of your posts instead of TT07 based on what I thought was too much bullishness. I do enjoy both your posts, and TT07 posts, so please don't take it negatively. As a quick clarification on my original post, my WAG on $400 was based on under 5,000 cars, while I would think it to be higher after production has exceeded 5,000 cars per week, showing the bears to be incorrect, but that wasn't the main point of my post, which was just poking at what I considered excessive bullishness.

No calculation, just WAG. As others have stated, short term isn't really based on fundamentals, but psychology of how people react to news stories, FUD, their stop loss orders, FUD, and fun crazy tweets from Elon. I'm buying and holding until one of the following happens: 1. I move to my retirement property. 2. Price hits $1,000/share. 3. Price hits $150/share.
Cheers!

Noo! I'd like to please ask that you continue to post your thoughts, chart perspectives and a birds eye view of your moves (adding, sitting pat etc). I think your contributions are incredibly important.

I hope you can continue to carve out a little time for this community going forward. I very much appreciate it.

Noo! I'd like to please ask that you continue to post your thoughts, chart perspectives and a birds eye view of your moves (adding, sitting pat etc). I think your contributions are incredibly important.

I hope you can continue to carve out a little time for this community going forward. I very much appreciate it.
TT007 has quit TMC several times & always comes back, don't fret.

TT007 has quit TMC several times & always comes back, don't fret.
I'd hate to think that an offhand post on my part would contribute to a hiatus by TT007, but maybe TT007 didn't have morning coffee in hand, etc.. Unlike some, mostly the trolling bears, I don't get emotionally invested in my posts, I leave the investment to my portfolio. :D Although I can understand why some might be upset by offhand or flippant comments, given that people like TT007 have hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars on the line. I only have 1/5th of my annual income on the line, but in terms of total nest egg, I would say Tesla makes up at least 85% of my investments. (The rest are pre-existing 401ks and such that I just leave alone.)

• Informative
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Status
Not open for further replies.