Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I encourage all bulls to not gloat.

All of us have been wrong before, and it's time to invite bears to our side.

Many of them have lost a lot of money this year. We may be talking about people's retirement savings and their kids' college tuitions.

This is not the time to make fun of them.

View attachment 239350
mmd and myusername and the Seeking Alpha bunches can take their burning remain of their oil/Koch money and shove it where solar panels can not be installed

Many of them have lost a lot of money this year. We may be talking about people's retirement savings and their kids' college tuitions.

View attachment 239350

It's pretty difficult as they would actually be happy that the longs lose everything ... all their action is to make the longs lose everything so....

View attachment 239350
Look at you showing some class. I welcome the bears to see the upside potential of TSLA. EVERYONE deserves to be happy. Seriously, I've seen Trolls too many times to count.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: madodel and EinSV
Yeah, when they update the fleet they sell off the old fleet. This increases the inventory number. This is not a negative sign. Was there a point you were trying to make here? You are sort of grasping at straws as the SP increases $25 off this report.

Maybe look more carefully at the VINs and mileages on the cars that have been added in the last week/month if you think it's "the old fleet." (The EV-CPO website has a fraction of the cars in Tesla's inventory--don't think so? Visit a showroom and have a chat with the staff). Also check the age of the CPOs and their price reductions. Anybody notice Tesla has quietly discontinued the "2 year, 100,000 miles maximum odometer limited warranty" on most used trade-ins?

I'll defer comments about the share price until after CC and 10Q

• Funny
Reactions: esk8mw
Here's a question for TSLA going forward:

Now that some uncertainty has cleared, and the forecast is pretty darn good, and the after-hours share price is climbing nicely, one might think that $400/share is finally achievable sometime in the next two quarters if not sooner.

BUT, if nothing else, Murphy's Law suggests that macro conditions (and the current WH administration's behavior, potential for war, economic downturn, etc) might upend TSLA's climb to glory. I've felt for a while the market needs a good correction, and I'm surprised we haven't had a 500-point spill so far this year. I could see us having something worse, before the year is out.

So I'm getting more nervous about holding on to a huge truckload of TSLA stock. It's starting to seem prudent to sell a bunch if we hit, say, $400 or $410, and stay liquid until macro issues work themselves out (one hopes).

Misguided overly concerned paranoia, or sensible? Not that I am seeking an advice, of course.

Well, I'm mad at myself for getting scared. I left a significant amount of money on the table. Last Friday I was assigned 1000 shares on margin for my 340 Puts. Yesterday I panicked when the SP was sliding and sold calls for next Friday with a 340 strike price in order to make at least $4829. Had I waited until tomorrow, I could have made that much with a much higher strike price, and made at least another 10-20k on the increased value of the shares. I'm making money, but not as much as I would if I had TT007 size balls.....

Status
Not open for further replies.