Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TSLA will move with seemingly no formal news. There are a lot of interested parties watching the Model 3 roll out. If it looks like the ramp is going as Elon predicted or ahead (through VIN sightings and counting), then the stock will move with "no news". So I expect the stock to run ahead of the actual production numbers in November.
I agree. Look how far ahead of Model 3 reveal the stock moved.

For consideration: TVIX constantly loses value on average, that's why max (1 year) is 280. If you go back 5 years, you will see that it was 437,500 (not a joke) pre-all-reverse-splits.
This is nature of fund and I believe it's because of the cost of complex set of instruments to enable short term exposure to 2xVIX
Holding TVIX for more than a week or two is probably not the prudent tactic.
Agree, product designed for "day(s) traders", TVIX is a very short term instrument & should only be considered by sophisticated investors, best to find other hedges.

BTW, TVIX is +24% currently.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchJi
Interesting price action so far. Purple line is intraday VWAP. Cyan line is 200ma (1m chart) Red line is $356. So far holding up impressively well, IMO.

tsla-8.17.17-vwap-200ma_1m.png

Not once have I discussed portfolio allocation or a single trade with my wife in the past 20 years :oops:.

I do this on purpose. My wife has a much higher likelihood of outliving me, so I make it a point to keep our investing and trading a shared process. When my time comes, I want to make sure she knows what to do and what is going on. Also she has a better eye for finding good deals. She finds them, I research them and we decide whether to act on them.

I'm not doubting that you and your wife have your own strategy and good instincts.

My own data points shows me that timing the market is hard, and memory could be selective.
That's surprising, I doubt that constantly.

You are in shares? We've either been 100% in options or completely out of the market. I don't see that changing in the next 12-24 months.

If only everyone could just stop panicking ...

Who's panicking? Buying over here.

Max Pain=350.

Double witching options expiration date (I think it's double, it's not triple at least). IIRC it was @Papafox who pointed out that with low volumes, Max Pain can sometimes act like a tractor beam... add in options expiry...

I just read something really interesting...If this is true, I don't know what to make of it...After all money is money, and in business there's no free money. Not really happy being a devoted shareholder when they are throwing out money like this when they are still unprofitable.
Tesla goes goodwill hunting with free money

Last edited:
I just read something really interesting...If this is true, I don't know what to make of it...After all money is money, and in business there's no free money. Not really happy being a devoted shareholder when they are throwing out money like this when they are still unprofitable.
Tesla goes goodwill hunting with free money

'An analyst at a large asset manager who bought the bonds said he was told the coupon was rounded up as an homage to the new Model 3. The Tesla spokesman denied this.' - lol not surprised that goldman sachs has to do with this.

So now the speculations can begin:
- was this just a stunt to get talked about at cocktail parties to shore up demand for the cars and future bond sales?
- or do they know they are going to make so much more on the faster rampup turning the model3 product into their cashcow that it just does not matter, mousenuts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.