Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, your talk about viewing the order book explains why someone could buy more than 50,000 shares without moving the price (the order book showed there were sellers at that price for that quantity). I imagine big shorts could also use the order book to predict the opposite effect (big price change on a big sale in certain circumstances) Much thanks.

Another way of doing that order may be "fill or kill", particularly once they see the liquidity there. Makes sure no one has a chance to react to it before it's filled, else kill it w/o displaying.

For more info on order types ("dark" order types shown on pages 4 & 5; full list pg 14-28) - https://www.virtu.com/uploads/documents/KCG_Demystifying-Order-Types_092414.pdf

My current assumption is the times we see price "collapse" down suddenly and instantly, that (in bold) is what's happening. Not always "shorts" though, can also just be algos designed to target that kind of thing, given the obvious profitability.

I am still trying to figure out what has fundamentally changed from late last week

Tesla got stronger, that's what changed

A few weeks difference in product ramping or reveal changes nothing, but every day which passes with Tesla going forward and the opposition doing essentially nothing gives Tesla an even bigger lead. Now we see Jonas highlighting infrastructure (thanks Mulder), at last, which is going to weigh heavily on the minds of shorts; they're going to get spanked to hell and back.

I think this is a very important post.

I am still trying to figure out what has fundamentally changed from late last week, other than having a bit more clarity on M3 news that was already out, having a slight delay on the semi reveal that is insignificant (and having more info that the semi is better than any speculation currently out there), and that Tesla is pursuing possibly game changing opportunities to provide power to millions.

I agree with the above statement.

We do have what is in my view fake news from Charley Grant (who I am shocked still has a job with his very un-journalistic like Tweets -

I thought the same thing when I saw his tweets/replies.

he clearly seems to have a bias that appears to be based on emotion more than anything), three ambulance chasing law firms desperately looking for investors through their “investigations” so that they can try to extort money in essence from the very shareholders they seek to represent (perverse isn’t it?), and Mark Spiegel (an infamous and very vocal short) and his followers seemingly losing their minds through Twitter storms after Jonas seems to have ruined their grand vision of driving down the stock at least partially through the two aforementioned channels.

Again, bottom-line is not much has fundamentally changed from last week when the stock seemed to be heading back towards its early September levels. I have to imagine the shorts were freaking out when the M3 number induced stock decline was not holding up. They took another run today on what was a Holiday driven market. Jonas may have thrown a wrench in their plans, and now they are simply losing it (just check out Grant’s and Spiegel’s Twitter pages).

We all know FUD is there and strong, but I'm surprised at how prevalent and blatant it is...

Tesla must deliver on its 5,000/week with 25% gross margin promise by 2Q18.

The "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among stars" strategy is only strengthening FUD.

I think this is a very important post.

I agree with the above statement.

I thought the same thing when I saw his tweets/replies.

We all know FUD is there and strong, but I'm surprised at how prevalent and blatant it is...

Tesla must deliver on its 5,000/week with 25% gross margin promise by 2Q18.

The "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among stars" strategy is only strengthening FUD.

Before we get to bent out of shape over twitter, Mark B and MS have a combined nothing burger for followers and I think my cat has more followers. This shows how much credibility they have. Yes, people follow or monitor $tsla and they have a lot of exposure there, but I follow those whom I find to provide valuable and relevant info on twitter and no one is following those idiots.

For reference.. Evanex and Option_sniper both have more followers then Mark B. and MS combined.

Before we get to bent out of shape over twitter, Mark B and MS have a combined nothing burger for followers and I think my cat has more followers. This shows how much credibility they have. Yes, people follow or monitor $tsla and they have a lot of exposure there, but I follow those whom I find to provide valuable and relevant info on twitter and no one is following those idiots.

For reference.. Evanex and Option_sniper both have more followers then Mark B. and MS combined.

I didn't even mention MB/MS. Those two are just the tip of the iceberg.

There is a real battle going on for sure behind the scenes on tesla. 4 ambulance chasing law firms have posted esssentially the same msg - 2 hit pieces on tesla by the wsj and weird price action on tesla that is very atypical. I’m holding my shares and options since they are Leaps but my Sell shares and Roll into More Leaps if the opportunity presents itself

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
fake news from Charley Grant (who I am shocked still has a job with his very un-journalistic like Tweets
What are the ethics of a news reporter hanging out, in social media, with dedicated shorts and possibly paid lobbyists? Didn’t realize Charlie was embedded with Speigal and Montana, but he does seem to be part of their food chain. A bottom feeder with Speigal above you? How does he maintain that smug facade?

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Does cat provide investment advice?

Yes, I give her one TSLA ball and one NVDA ball and which ever she plays with I invest in. Then I toss in an APPL ball of yarn for kicks. Whats really odd is when she tweets which one she likes the best, still havnt figured out how she learned how to use the computer while I was at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.